NIGHTWISH SLAYED PHILLY!

awwww... :-( I'm still not sure if I can make it that night. But I'd KILL for a Nightwish ticket for Chicago HOB. Where can I get one? Someone, please tell me ifi you know!

Thanks,
The Michael

I did a Google on "concert tickets". I've used StubHub before, and it was a good experience. However, the cheapest there are $101. On one of the other sites I came up with I found tickets for $75.

Good luck.

I guess we're going to miss that show. It's sold out in Chicago and the cheapest tickets I could find were $75.

Actually, it's not sold out, they're just messing with you. Apparently only Ticketmaster's tickets are sold out. You can still get them directly through House of Blues (or really, LiveNation). You have to sign up as a member (http://www.hob.com/membership), but otherwise I don't think there's anything special you have to do.

I only know this because I signed up as a member a long time ago, and a couple weeks ago I got an email from HoB saying "These shows are sold out, but you can still get tickets here!!!", and Nightwish was one of those shows. Funny thing was, I checked Ticketmaster after that, and they still had tickets available. It was only a day or two later that the Ticketmaster tickets were all gone. I then got my ticket through hob.com, and it worked just fine (got it in the mail a couple days ago). Added bonus: it was a whole 40 cents cheaper than the TM version!

I think this must be part of LiveNation's move to get into the ticketing business and steal market share from Ticketmaster. So they give Ticketmaster a set of tickets to sell, but still hang onto a bunch for themselves. The silly thing is that they forgot to promote the fact that they have tickets to sell! Even if you go directly through LiveNation.com, the link for Nightwish tickets passes you over to ticketmaster.com. I guess they must still must be "beta testing" their ticket-selling operation or something. So it will be interesting to see how "sold out" the show really is at the end.

In exchange for this valuable bit of information, my only request is that the rest of you help keep Michael from standing/dancing near me during the show!

Neil

Actually, it's not sold out, they're just messing with you. Apparently only Ticketmaster's tickets are sold out. You can still get them directly through House of Blues (or really, LiveNation). You have to sign up as a member (http://www.hob.com/membership), but otherwise I don't think there's anything special you have to do.

I only know this because I signed up as a member a long time ago, and a couple weeks ago I got an email from HoB saying "These shows are sold out, but you can still get tickets here!!!", and Nightwish was one of those shows. Funny thing was, I checked Ticketmaster after that, and they still had tickets available. It was only a day or two later that the Ticketmaster tickets were all gone. I then got my ticket through hob.com, and it worked just fine (got it in the mail a couple days ago). Added bonus: it was a whole 40 cents cheaper than the TM version!

I think this must be part of LiveNation's move to get into the ticketing business and steal market share from Ticketmaster. So they give Ticketmaster a set of tickets to sell, but still hang onto a bunch for themselves. The silly thing is that they forgot to promote the fact that they have tickets to sell! Even if you go directly through LiveNation.com, the link for Nightwish tickets passes you over to ticketmaster.com. I guess they must still must be "beta testing" their ticket-selling operation or something. So it will be interesting to see how "sold out" the show really is at the end.

In exchange for this valuable bit of information, my only request is that the rest of you help keep Michael from standing/dancing near me during the show!

Neil

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Thanks Skyrefuge. Got our tix. Unfortunately, NOBODY can control The Michael.

I love going to shows at HoB, but you are right about when it is full. It's hard to find a good place to see. I generally don't have a problem because of my height, but Yardley does.

You might want to call HOB ahead of time and make an evening of it....i.e. for some shows you can arrange where you eat at the restaurant before the show and they will reserve stools for you along the railings located by each side bar. You will have seats while everybody else is standing, and you can see right over everyone else. Plus, you don't have to get there right when the doors open.

Or, if you have dinner first, then they allow you to "pass the line" and enter before they let anybody else in when the doors open. This is a show-by-show option and not always allowed, but worth it if you can do it.