Nightwish US Postponed-Sonata Arctica?

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Just saw the news that the NW US tour was postponed..All the US dates are removed from their website-- SArctica has no word yet-- They are still doing some headlining shows, but not sure if that will still happen.. What a bummer! This was shaping up to be the best year in Prog for US tours..

You're in trouble then... September 16th is ProgPower! Hope that date is wrong, so you still can make it to both shows....

That would make the Atlanta date during pre-party!! (if they are keeping the dates in the same order)

Might as well hold preparty at the concert then (it would definitely sell out).

Yep, Glenn posted that the tour postponement was "news to him."

The timing on the tour re-booking could be....really annoying to some.

ReaLM said:
That would make the Atlanta date during pre-party!! (if they are keeping the dates in the same order)

Might as well hold preparty at the concert then (it would definitely sell out).

Hmmm, the original tourdate was to be held at the Masquerade. That venue may well be closed (or closing) around mid-September -- I've heard everything from mid-June to September for the closing date -- so it's possible the NW date for Atlanta (Sept. 15th?) would have to be re-booked.

If Nightwish's management are on the ball, they'd get together with Glenn and see about re-booking the Atlanta gig at Earthlink Live in connnection with the ProgPower Pre-show Party.

Voila.

Three nights of awesomeness in a row.

Game over! :headbang: :worship:

Are you listening, Ewo? :tickled:

Pellaz said:
re-booked.

If Nightwish's management are on the ball, they'd get together with Glenn and see about re-booking the Atlanta gig at Earthlink Live in connnection with the ProgPower Pre-show Party.

:tickled:

You are about 12 hrs behind me. :)

I spoke to Nightwish's booking agent and he had already rescheduled the show at the Masquerade for September (not sure of the exact date). I told him that I would be glad to take over the show for Sept 15th, but the Masquerade date is solid even in September. However, he is going to recheck to make sure.

Glenn H.

I have been hearing rumors about the Masquerade closing for a long long time now. I'll believe it when it is actually closed.

If the Prog Power crowd is in town, the Masquerade is going to be too small of a venue for Nightwish. They need to at least play a Tabernacle size venue.

I can't even image 1000 people in the Masquerade! It will be squishy. So much concerting in one weekend!

Robin

Yeah, sold out shows at the Masquerade are NOT FUN. Type O Negative/Lacuna Coil was a world of pain, though that was before the stairs collapsed (i think) so presumably the venue was operating at an even higher maximum occupancy. I hope for the sake of everyone who's in Atlanta for this one that the show moves to Earthlink somehow. I assume that Glenn made it abundantly clear to Nightwish's management that he will be bringing a big enough audience into the city to require a venue change for that show (not that even then they could necessarily do anything about it)...

Ryan