Nightwish/Sonata Tour

A Rochester date just for rms.

Looks like I'll be seeing them in Poughkeepsie 2x in a row except it's a Sunday so I may have to go to Worcester instead (saturday). Do I get to start bitching about them playing an hour and a half away now after the whole bitching about them playing 45 minutes from Chicago since they're now playing in Chicago?

Kind of odd that there is no Atlanta date on either of the two legs since the first show here sold out...I wouldn't mind seeing Sonata again but I can pass on Nightwish this time.

A Rochester date just for rms.

Looks like I'll be seeing them in Poughkeepsie 2x in a row except it's a Sunday so I may have to go to Worcester instead (saturday). Do I get to start bitching about them playing an hour and a half away now after the whole bitching about them playing 45 minutes from Chicago since they're now playing in Chicago?

rofl!

Philly on Friday, August 29th. I'm on this like hair on a gorilla! Finally, the NIGHTWISH/SONATA ARCTICA tour we got dicked out of three years ago is a reality.

And, we are dealing with a better Sonata Arctica than three years ago. This will be up there with the Helloween/Gamma Ray tour as the tour of the year.

Cool...Knoxville. I've never been to the Valarium, but judging from the posters at the Knoxville Disc Exchange, that seems to be the venue that rock bands are hitting these days.

And, we are dealing with a better Sonata Arctica than three years ago. This will be up there with the Helloween/Gamma Ray tour as the tour of the year.

Better? I have to disagree there. The first time I saw them live (first headlining tour at BB Kings) I thought they were a great live band and really enjoyed the show. Last year at ProgPower I thought they lacked most of what made that other show so great. They weren't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but they were just nothing special. For the record, I quite liked the new album so I'm not just saying this because I don't like where they went musically.

Maybe ProgPower was just an off show for them, but from what I'm told by others who saw other shows on the tour, that isn't the case.

Better in what regard? Both shows I saw of Sonata's last tour seemed pretty phoned in and boring. Setlists were predictable and poorly arranged, not to mention boring. At times, Tony seemed annoyed by crowd response or lack of during certain songs.

I gotta believe Jani's departure has hurt their live performances.

Better in what regard? Both shows I saw of Sonata's last tour seemed pretty phoned in and boring. Setlists were predictable and poorly arranged, not to mention boring. At times, Tony seemed annoyed by crowd response or lack of during certain songs.

sorry for the double post.

Man, I saw them at the Metro and thought they were awesome! The Cubs must be screwing with your mind. Cubs Suck! Go Sox!

Cool...Knoxville. I've never been to the Valarium, but judging from the posters at the Knoxville Disc Exchange, that seems to be the venue that rock bands are hitting these days.

For once we won't have to drive to Atlanta to see a good show! I'm hoping the Valarium pulls more of these types of shows.

~Brian~

Well the closest show for my daughters and I will be the show at The Marquee in Tempe Arizona. Oh well, it's only a 5 hour drive, or 45 minute flight on SW. And it is a Sunday Night woooohoooooo ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!

There is hope for Atlanta. There's no show posed for 9/22/08. They'll be in Fl on 9/21, and Knoxville on 9/23. They'll have to pass right through ATL and they have a free night.
It may be that they are working on a venue before announcing a date here.

Pyramaze51 - where are you coming from??....they'll be here in L.A.the night before. You wouldn't have to rush back home or take a day off work if you had to work on Monday.