Nightwish/Sonata Tour

There is hope for Atlanta. There's no show posed for 9/22/08. They'll be in Fl on 9/21, and Knoxville on 9/23. They'll have to pass right through ATL and they have a free night.
It may be that they are working on a venue before announcing a date here.
I suspect they'll play at the Masquerade if anywhere in ATL.

I live in North GA about halfway between ATL and CHAT, driving time-wise. I can cut up through to Cleveland and hit I-75 as a shortcut.

You're not in a bad location for shows then. Normally, I have to drive 4 1/2 hours to Atlanta, 6 hours to Raleigh, NC, or 2 1/2 hours to Charlotte, NC. I have to say that I was lucky enough to see Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation in Knoxville last June though. Fatesfan and I actually met Ruthven for the first time down there at the show.

~Brian~

You're not in a bad location for shows then. Normally, I have to drive 4 1/2 hours to Atlanta, 6 hours to Raleigh, NC, or 2 1/2 hours to Charlotte, NC. I have to say that I was lucky enough to see Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation in Knoxville last June though. Fatesfan and I actually met Ruthven for the first time down there at the show.

~Brian~
Cool! Will you be at Metal Festivus in June or the ATL SX date on 5/01? I'll be at both shows.

OOOHHH..... a Jaxx date... must....... get........ tickets....... :)
Were you speculating or did you actually see this somewhere, cause I don't see it listed on the link?

The only shows I see remotely close to where I'm at are:
09-26-08 -- Sonata Arctica w/ NIGHTWISH @ Rams Head Live -- Baltimore, MD (15 minutes close :D)
AND
08-29-08 -- Sonata Arctica w/ NIGHTWISH @ The Trocadero -- Philadelphia, PA (about 2 hours north)

Since the Ram's Head Show is on the first night of PP (Damnit! :cry:) it looks like Nick and I will be taking a road trip to Philly at the end of August! :headbang:

Besides, Nick made a good point to me earlier. If Sonata and Nightwish each individually sold out Jaxx, why the hell would they book a tour there together when they can easily sell out a place twice as big?

Were you speculating or did you actually see this somewhere, cause I don't see it listed on the link?

The only shows I see remotely close to where I'm at are:
09-26-08 -- Sonata Arctica w/ NIGHTWISH @ Rams Head Live -- Baltimore, MD (15 minutes close :D)
AND
08-29-08 -- Sonata Arctica w/ NIGHTWISH @ The Trocadero -- Philadelphia, PA (about 2 hours north)

Since the Ram's Head Show is on the first night of PP (Damnit! :cry:) it looks like Nick and I will be taking a road trip to Philly at the end of August! :headbang:

Besides, Nick made a good point to me earlier. If Sonata and Nightwish each individually sold out Jaxx, why the hell would they book a tour there together when they can easily sell out a place twice as big?

Looks like they removed the dates that aren't up for Presale at EnterTheVault.com. They also removed the 9/6/08 HOB Chicago date that I saw earlier. I'm sure they put those dates back up later.

Pyramaze51 - where are you coming from??....they'll be here in L.A.the night before. You wouldn't have to rush back home or take a day off work if you had to work on Monday.

Coming from El Paso Texas, We are discussing going to the LA date also and the Tempe date. I am retiring the first day of Oct, and will be taking all my accumalted vacation starting Aug 25,s soooooooooo i don't have to rhurry back to go to work, and my daughters are both taking that Monday off from school. So we may see you in LA also.:headbang::headbang:

Because you have to take into account the crowd probably overlaps in their fanbase a bit. I'd assume probably 50-100 people who were at one show were not at the other.

If I can get off work I'll be at this festivus you speak of...

...as far as this Nightwish/Sonata tour is concerned, I'll be living in Starkville, Mississippi by the fall, so if I make it to this tour, it'll likely be at the New Orleans House of Blues, 4 1/2 hours away. DEDICATION.

If I can get off work I'll be at this festivus you speak of...

...as far as this Nightwish/Sonata tour is concerned, I'll be living in Starkville, Mississippi by the fall, so if I make it to this tour, it'll likely be at the New Orleans House of Blues, 4 1/2 hours away. DEDICATION.
Starkville is also the home of Mississippi State University. That's probably why! See ya at Metal Festivus, y'all!

And, we are dealing with a better Sonata Arctica than three years ago. This will be up there with the Helloween/Gamma Ray tour as the tour of the year.

(metal)Tour of the year right now goes to Heaven And Hell/Priest/Motorhead/Testament, Paganfest, and/or At The Gates + openers :)D).

It's cool though that Nightwish/Sonata has finally come to fruition after all that BS with Tarja not wanting to come to the States in 2005. Hopefully I can catch this.