Niklas and Martin Processors

Jakoni

Apr 18, 2002
Brazil
Visit site
At the DT official site there are no especifications of which floor processors Niklas and Martin use.
If anyone who ever went to a DT show,got close to the stage and saw it , please answer me.

:err:

Thanks

Originally posted by phyre
Actually, Niklas has an Intel Pentium 3@866, and two Intel Pentium 2@366's. Tough shit, you'd better stop listening to DT. :p

hehehe na i dont mind. I am not the one paying more for a processor that peforms worst, its not my problem

Misanthrope ( who doesnt minds wasted money as long as is not his )

As far as can be concluded from wha they state on their webpage, they do not use any floor processors at all. Floor processors suck anyway. The rocktron preamps they use have built in multiFX processing devices which are similar to the Rocktron Intellifex and Replifex.

Those things you might have seen on the floor are just MIDI switching devices which do not do any processing at all.

:confused: what's the matter with the Intel processors???

i've just discovered i have AMD :D

[SIZE=0,1]and sth is wrong with the ink i bought :cry: [/SIZE]

There is nothing wrong with them, they are just not as good

Heres the deal ( as i see it )

amd k6 era vs PII era: Intel was superior but amd prices were attractive indeed

Athlon vs PIII era : AMD started equal and then ran all over Intel selling cheaper Tbirds ( considerable less that equal PIII processors ) that performed Better.

Athlon vs PIV era : Well the name pretty much says it: even the newest PIV processors cant run over the Tbirds, AMD has just been trowing minor upgrades ( first a 266 fsb and then more cache then more speed but just a bit ). Its really quite a shame that PIV can only marginally outperform basically the same architecture from the PIII era amd is using only in a few processor intensive tests. On average the Athlon ( xp specially ) systems are equal and even outperform PIV's with a good 500mhz less of clockspeed, PIV only outperforms ( and not by much mind you ) Athlons on task such as video compression and insane ( useless ) framerates on Quake III.

The future: Intel should be really really REALLY scared. They new northwood is a fucking joke cause amd is comming with his.13 micron processors ( meaning they can release 2ghz and beyond processors wich run much more smoothly ). So unless Intel hires the best engineers of the worlds they will have many troubles giving the history of amd of pulling retail prices and configurations way under intel prices. If intels keeps its closeminded policies ( like wanting to take care of all the chipsets ) their marketing strategies wont be enough to keep them going they will go belly up ( Since not even Dell can keep selling northwood processors only when other brands will offer better performing pcs for 500+ bucks less ).

Misanthrope ( Amateur geek, but getting a degree on professional geek right now )

phyre & Misanthrope @ thank u both for the info :)
i can't say i understood everything,but anyway my relationship to PC-technical stuff is like my relationship to the Bible :D

Originally posted by Soulscar
As far as can be concluded from wha they state on their webpage, they do not use any floor processors at all. Floor processors suck anyway. The rocktron preamps they use have built in multiFX processing devices which are similar to the Rocktron Intellifex and Replifex.

Those things you might have seen on the floor are just MIDI switching devices which do not do any processing at all.

Ok, but how about the studio works?
I dont think they stick only to the recording mesa and/or amps. There s a lot of effects in their albums that clearly aren t provenient from the pre-amp.

My 1Ghz Pentium III is outperformed by similar AMD procesors but they don't have the cool intel inside sticker on their computers...duh :cry: