Martin Henriksson leaves Dark Tranquillity

Drahcir

Jul 30, 2012
Founding D.T. guitarist Martin Henriksson quits.

While putting the finishing touches on the material for our next album, we have to inform you that guitarist and original member Martin Henriksson sadly but amicably left the band a couple of months ago. Here is his statement:

Dear Dark Tranquillity fans,

I recently quit the band. I feel I have lost the passion for playing music, and Dark Tranquillity deserves to have members that are 100% committed to the art. Therefore I decided it’s in everyone’s best interest to step aside and leave the band with the best possible ability to grow and get even stronger. I’ve had 26 years filled with wonderful memories and we made a lot of great music together, and for that I’m forever grateful. Thanks to all the fans, crew and other people involved that supported Dark Tranquillity through the years!
Yours,
Martin Henriksson

https://www.facebook.com/dtofficial....6841740747/10153583709215748/?type=3&theater

I was waiting for them to say it was an April Fool's joke but it doesn't appear to be the case.

It's a shame. I was really looking forward to seeing him live again. Honestly his guitar work with Niklas Sundin is probably my favorite out of any band. Plus he had the some of the best dreadlocks I've ever seen.

Now I wonder who DT will choose to replace him on the upcoming tour and in the band. He was one of their primary songwriters so this is a major loss. At least we get to hear him one last time on the new album.

I'm still holding out for DT to reveal it was an April Fool's joke but if not then this is a bummer.

Since his heart wasn't in it anymore, I'm glad he's leaving the band. I wonder how many other musicians in solid, established bands would have to integrity to do this?

Since Johansson left the band Henriksson's influence on the songwriting has been pretty overwhelming so we may get a new phase of DT's evolution out of this. :)

Since his heart wasn't in it anymore, I'm glad he's leaving the band. I wonder how many other musicians in solid, established bands would have to integrity to do this?

Since Johansson left the band Henriksson's influence on the songwriting has been pretty overwhelming so we may get a new phase of DT's evolution out of this. :)

This scares me. :worried:

A new phase in their songwriting might not be such a bad idea, providing they don't go any further in to modern electronics....

I know I'm really late here, but it's sad when a member of a band leaves after so many years. I've been into DT since 1995 so what's that, 21 years!

Reactions: anita_job
A new phase in their songwriting might not be such a bad idea, providing they don't go any further in to modern electronics....

I know I'm really late here, but it's sad when a member of a band leaves after so many years. I've been into DT since 1995 so what's that, 21 years!
Have you heard Atoma yet? Really great album. I wouldn't worry about their songwriting.

Have you heard Atoma yet? Really great album. I wouldn't worry about their songwriting.

I have and I guess I thought they made it before he left. Yes, it's awesome and definitely to their current songwriting blueprint from the last few years at least.

Somehow it feels like its not the DT we have come to know, Henriksson had such a big role in writing their music... now it's something different.

Is it the same Dark Tranquillity anymore?
Well, obviously not exactly the same but is it "truly" DT because Henriksson had a big role in writing the music, at least before Construct.