Niklas Engelin's other band

Dantess9226

FINN BALOR
Feb 3, 2011
West Midlands, UK
Been inactive for a while and was just hoping to get some discussions going again. Fancy a natter?? :rolleyes:

Have you guys checked out Engel's new (I say new, but it came out a few months back) record?

I can't say i've ever been the biggest Niklas Engelin fan, but I really enjoyed the Passenger album with Anders and Engel's first two albums were quite fresh to me. The new album Blood of Saints was pretty damn awful in my eyes so I didn't bother buying the whole record, instead downloading my favourite tracks seperately off iTunes. But even those of my favourites just feel like 3 minute radio-streamlined metal at best. What does that say about the rest of the songs?!

Maybe i'm being a bit harsh here, and others may disagree, but I feel like Engel have disgarded any melodic death influence they may have carried and instead Blood of Saints comes off as sounding like weak metalcore. And that's coming from a confessed metalcore addict!

I hope Niklas doesn't bring any of that kind of songwriting to the table when In Flames next prepare for album number eleven!

I just heard a few bands being announced but not GARDENIAN dude if i could go to this i would in a heart beat!

You lucky Swedes!

Gardenian was awesome at the gothenburg sound festival! also engel played with their new singer who did a really good show. great vocal skills so i think the next albums by engel will be good.