Nile + LoG? :D

nezvers

Beast
Oct 5, 2010
Latvia, Riga
I have done my track that ended like Nile mixed with Lamb Of God :lol:
I am jizzing on LoG drums and using simple note intervals that make sounding of Nile, but who gives a F**K!
Maybe there is some one that can give waypoints to improve sound.
There mp3
Edit:
Second mix
its uploading yet

Guitars sound a bit thin. This could sound huge with the right guitar tone. Give more details about the guitar signal chain. I like the overall vibe though.

hmm, i think the guitars are completely wrong (mix-wise, musically theyre savage!). cut out some of the high end, throw in ALOT more mid, and maybe a bit more low end. and it sounds like there is a really tight noise gate, but i could be wrong. if there is, loosen it up a bit.

the snare is nice, but i think it is really weak. maybe add some low end in there just so it punches. if you want my honest opinion, i think you should try a whole new snare sample. as cool as piccolo snares are, theyre very hard to make sound sick, because they just sound so weird lol. for the same vibe, i reckon you should DL the joey jordisson snare sample (its somewhere on the internet. i was gona link you to the site i got it from but its been removed lol).

the intro guitar sounds really cool. its really unique sounding. maybe not a sound i would go with myself, but each to their own, its really unique, so i reckon if you like it, keep it :)

the toms youve used sound sick, nothing to complain about there :p same as the cymbals

the kick drum is nice, but maybe add a bit more low end

and the vocals, maybe take them down in the mix a bit, and add a very slight amount of church reverb

hope i helped (probably not :p)

At first i thought i was playing Mortal Kombat (cool intro tho).
I think the guitars and drums are too low (volume wise) the vocals are fine where they sit maybe add some reverb.
The guitars...iono theyre just thin...like if you could tweak the guitars to give it a fuller bigger tone, and bring up the drums a bit and guitars i think it would be a killer mix. Increase and decrease the volume on your monitors. When i lower my monitors i can barely hear the instruments but i can hear the vocals just fine but when i raise my volume its better but not ideal...maybe this will help?

Guitars sound a bit thin. This could sound huge with the right guitar tone. Give more details about the guitar signal chain. I like the overall vibe though.

Well i have Ibanez rg350ex (stock pick-ups)> zoom g.2 (slight amount of compresion and EQ high Hz a bit) > Boss ML2 metalcore > M-Audio Fast track > Marshal and 6505 impulse (OURCabinetSimulator_v1.0.7 plugin found somewhere) > EQ (added huge presence and bit cut in 2k zone) > multicompressor (compressed 90 - 200 hz) - I know that whole thing is way too extreme but i liked.

hmm, i think the guitars are completely wrong (mix-wise, musically theyre savage!). cut out some of the high end, throw in ALOT more mid, and maybe a bit more low end. and it sounds like there is a really tight noise gate, but i could be wrong. if there is, loosen it up a bit.
Ok I will try that out!

the snare is nice, but i think it is really weak. maybe add some low end in there just so it punches. if you want my honest opinion, i think you should try a whole new snare sample. as cool as piccolo snares are, theyre very hard to make sound sick, because they just sound so weird lol. for the same vibe, i reckon you should DL the joey jordisson snare sample.
I already have it but liked that ring (don't know how to call that sound) I found in Metal foundry Thomas Haake Engineering.

the intro guitar sounds really cool. its really unique sounding. maybe not a sound i would go with myself, but each to their own, its really unique, so i reckon if you like it, keep it :)
It is unique because that is Stagg nylon (peace of wood) electro-acoustic (I think that's is called acoustic guitar with mic inside) + layered with my Ibanez RG350Ex > zoom g.2 acoustic simulation + both slightly compresed together.

the kick drum is nice, but maybe add a bit more low end
I made those samples out of LoG - Wrath album (If you need them P.M.)

and the vocals, maybe take them down in the mix a bit, and add a very slight amount of church reverb

hope i helped (probably not :p)
Helped I will try my second mix with your suggestions!