Death/thrash mix with some new plugs

AStacy2

May 19, 2006
Ohio
Hey guys,

I'm working on this mix and wanted to get some feedback. Let me know what you guys are thinking so far and anything I can improve on.

There is an intro to this track, but it's not finished yet so ignore that.

If anyone wants any details just ask. Also, I tried out the Lexicon Vintage Plate on vocals and drums, cool plug so far.

Thanks!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/875894/Intemperance - Song 10.mp3

Edit: Hey, I updated this mix. Any feedback? Also, any ideas to spice up the intro of this track? Thanks guys.

sounds really good! i like the vocals a lot, mind sharing your chain for those? though now that i have a second listen, maybe the vocals are too in front of everything, maybe i'd add some more instrument fullness, just as a personal preference, i think it sounds good enough already. (maybe guitars could be a bit brighter too and less reverb on the vocals too...)

sounds really good! i like the vocals a lot, mind sharing your chain for those? though now that i have a second listen, maybe the vocals are too in front of everything, maybe i'd add some more instrument fullness, just as a personal preference, i think it sounds good enough already. (maybe guitars could be a bit brighter too and less reverb on the vocals too...)

Cool, thanks man. Listening back, your advice is right on bro thanks a lot. I'm going to update the mix in the next few days with what you said. I think I need to take some low end off the kick too because it was loud as fuck in my jeep lol.

The vocal chain is SM7B>RME FF800>SSL Channel with HP on 100hz, LP on 12k and compressor on infinity ratio and the lowest threshold and also the fastest attack and quickest release. All the vocals are doubled with the same settings except 6dB under the main line. On the vocal group as a whole there is a delay set to the tempo of the song about fifteen dB under the main vocal line with a HP at about 3.3k to make sure the delays aren't brighter than the main line. That is being fed into a Lexicon Vintage Plate reverb on the vocal plate preset with just the time parameter being changed to the tempo of the song.

If that's too confusing just let me know and I'll take some screenshots or something lol.