Nine Inch Nails – Pretty Hate Machine

Pretty Hate Machine is one of the most easily accesible old skool industrial albums for the non-rivethead. It remains one of the few albums that I'll allow other people to refer to as "industrial" without verbally crucifying them on the spot. It holds an even softer space in my heart than The Downward Sprial, altho both are albums of incrediable virtuosity that manage not to sound dated ten years and more after their releases.

NIN still isn't Chemlab, Foetus, or the Swamp Terrorists, but back in the day they earned their merit badges.

Yuck, hated PHM, and for that matter With Teeth, Trent needs to start doing drugs again.

:lol: if you think so ;)

I've always liked Trents lyrics - to quote a friend, "he's angry with himself, not other people". The majority bands (generaly male), who write about their feelings (especially in metal) seem to have a grudge against everyone else, and never seem to be able to handle blame or face the consequences of their actions.

You know, I've never thought of that. Self loathing has long been a metal staple, but usually its because of everyone else not understanding how cool and angst ridden I am, which supposedly makes me cool....right?! Haha.

But yeah, there is a cyclical feel to his music, which fit the self-directed hatred of his lyrics. It all fits now!!!