nirvana - nevermind or nevermore - s.t (95)

hah, all of my favorite nirvana songs were covers. The unplugged in NY show was half covers. The man who sold the world was probably the best thing they ever put out.

Eh... nevermind was a huge hit.... nevermore st wasn't. Back in 95, i had nevermind and played it alot, and i didn't have the st cd.... today i dont listen to nirvana but listen to nevermore.... i think its only fair to say nirvana.
<3 Man Who Sold the World and Lake of Fire

Nirvana had some songs that were good. just like a bunch of other bands. their music didn't revolutionize anything. kurt's lyrics aren't amazingly poetic and deep. thinking otherwise should become the new standard by which we determine mental retardation.
That would deserve some rep

to the post editing my post:

no. I find Cobain's voice annoying.

I agree with this. The best thing about Nirvana was Dave Grohl. Also, Criss Oliva of Savatage died around the same time as Cobain, but Cobain got more exposure. I might get flamed for this, but Nirvana brought about the end of "Hair Metal". Yes some of it was crappy, but some bands were actually good such as Dokken/Lynch Mob, Ratt, Tesla, Skid Row. etc.. The only grunge I liked was Alice In Chains, Mother Love Bone, & some Soundgarden. I despise Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Tad, etc..

Just my two cents.

On a Plain from Nirvana was great. That whole album was great. Yes, I am sick of Nirvana and all the Nirvana retards, but they wrote some really good songs. Easy and stupid, yes, but good songs nonetheless.

Just because something is difficult to play doesn't mean it's great. Look at Yngwie Malmsteen. Aside from his technical ability, he has absolutely nothing to say.

That said, AIC and Soundgarden shit on anything Nirvana ever did.

Melvins-houdini.jpg

I remember someone sent me an email with pictures of some naked chicks that were painted green.
They all had very nice green boxes.