NitND vs. TGCD: Round 7

Se7en

• Total voters

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
Nephilim sets itself apart, while Rusted gets lost in the crowd. Dare to be bold I say.

Nephilim started as my absolute favourite on the album, but over time my interest faded a bit. Still a great song.
Rusted started as a song I liked, and now I absolutely adore it.

Fairly interesting case.

Rusted is one of the most under-rated Katatonia tracks ever. It's beautiful in every way. It's dark, powerful, not predictable and mesmerizing. Nephilim on the other hand is a very weak track, only with some good vocal lines. Not to mention the chorus gets extremely boring while trying to be a generic doom chorus. So Rusted by far it is...

I love the old kata era better,but imo, nephilim fails miserably trying to evoke that vibe. So, I'd definetly go with rusted. :D

I have never cared very much for Nephilim. I know the old school doom fans love it, I suppose, but I have never gotten any darkness from it. Everything else besides the chorus is fine though.

Well, yes sir. Some My Dying Bride and The Foreshadowing is always on my list. Why would you ask that? Do you think Nephilim's chorus doesn't sound like a pure doom metal song?? To my ears it's 100% doom metal...

The vocals in that song certainly aren't typical doom stuff, and I don't think the use of slow power chords makes it a generic doom chorus.

The vocals in that song certainly aren't typical doom stuff, and I don't think the use of slow power chords makes it a generic doom chorus.

As I said before the vocal melodies other than the chorus are good, but the chorus is pretty dull doom metal to my ears.

BTW I would never think that Rusted would destroy Nephilim so badly, I guess I have to take back my words about Rusted being so under-rated :)

Rusted is one of the most under-rated Katatonia tracks ever. It's beautiful in every way. It's dark, powerful, not predictable and mesmerizing. Nephilim on the other hand is a very weak track, only with some good vocal lines. Not to mention the chorus gets extremely boring while trying to be a generic doom chorus. So Rusted by far it is...

this is exactly it, all of it