NJ Metalfest, The Eagle Has Landed!! SAXON in New Jersey

T

TRtwisted

Well I arrived at the venue at about 7:30pm. Saxon weren't scheduled until 11pm so I just walked around the place and check out some of the other bands. Met a few friends, had a few beers. Went down to check out Blitzkrieg. Pretty good set, the crowd were into them. Next came Wytchfinder, another NWOBHM band. It was there first time in the US. There were alot of people who knew their songs.

The next band was a band called Nightmare from France. Great Singer! That guy could hit those high notes and hold 'em. They totally won over the crowd. But they got nothing compared to the reaction Virgin Steele got once they hit the stage. I have never heard these guys. Very talented band, lots of CRUNCH to go along with all those melodies. They played a great set.

Finally it was time for SAXON. I noticed the crowd got alittle bigger. It seemed that everyone was there for SAXON.

Well here is what you are all waiting for, the set list. Don't blink! It's kinda short!

Killing Ground
20,000 feet
The Preacher
Power and the Glory
Broken Heros
Dragon's Lair
Denim and Leather
Princess of the Night
Crusader
--------------------
Encore
--------------------

Wheels of Steel

Biff had total control of the crowd! They played 3 songs and then he said "Hmmmmmmmm Crusader"? The crowd went nuts! Then he said "Nope it's not Crusader time. You're going to have to work alittle harder for that one". He dedicated "Broken Heros" to the fallen of 9/11.
At one point everyone was shouting songs at the band. Biff just said OK what do you want to hear? Everyone was yelling and someone said Dallas 1pm. Biff said "Nah, we aren't going to do that one.

They KICKED ASS!! Biff thanked everyone and then said the band knows there are alot of Saxon fans here in the US.

Now for the down side of the night. Of course the set was wayyyyy to short. And there were no T-shirts! I was soooo hoping to get one. Good thing I am going to the show in Long Island. Hopefully there will be shirts there.

The band was scheduled for an autograph session. But I am pretty sure that did not take place. After they went off I went looking for them. I couldn't find them. I was really hoping to meet them.

Diamond Head came on next and they were great. Sean Harris's voice is fantastic. These guys played a solid set.

I waited around the venue to see if SAXON would come out. But I guess they left. I am kinda bummed out that I didn't get a chance to meet them. Hopefully I'll get a chance at the show in Long Island.

I hope my pictures come out!!! And SAXON were the only band that played an encore. Now you tell me, who should have headlined this show?