No more "Garage Band" for me

Danimal

Inner Beast
Apr 29, 2005
Chicago
www.edensfall.com
On a personal note...

I came home from work Monday night to find a bunch of firetrucks in front of my house and my garage burned to the ground. :cry:

Fortunately, no one was hurt and they were able to save the house, but this still sucks! :mad:

Here are a few pics. The first one is from a local paper (The Daily Harold), the rest I took of the aftermath the next morning...

garagefire.jpg

100_1384_640x480.jpg

100_1391_640x480.jpg

100_1411_640x480.jpg

100_1421_640x480.jpg

100_1413_640x480.jpg

Wow, Dan, I'm sorry to see that. Glad no one was around and that it didn't spread! How did it start? I hope you didn't have much more than the usual garage stuff in there.

On the "turn a lemon into lemonade front", though, I'll bet you could Photoshop the right photo of those burned ruins into a pretty cool cover for the next Eden's Fall CD!

Good luck,

Ken

Thanks for the kind words, guys...

Spent the weekend digging through the rubble and figuring out the losses. Luckily, not too much band-related equipment was in there... With one exception:

Looks like I won't be doing any home recording for a while. My Digidesign M-box (audio interface/pre-amp for ProTools) has seen better days :(

Dan

100_1435_640x480.jpg

100_1436_360x480.jpg

100_1437_360x480.jpg

Looks like I won't be doing any home recording for a while. My Digidesign M-box (audio interface/pre-amp for ProTools) has seen better days :(

Do you have insurance that'll help replace that, and other things that were lost?

At MMA, we can tilt a beer and share home disaster stories, I can tell you about the sewage backup that wiped out 75% of our basement back in April. Phooey.

Ken

Wow, that really sucks man. I feel badly for you. Sad that you lost your bike, too. At least you now have an excuse to upgrade your interface to the Mbox 2! Good luck with the clean-up.

Richard "doc"

One of my neighbors stopped by the other day and gave me a CD of pictures he took the night of the fire. I was not home, so all I saw was the aftermath.

I can hardly believe that this is my house. These pictures blew me away!

:OMG:

Fire-01.jpg

Fire-02.jpg

Fire-03.jpg

Fire-04.jpg

Fire-05.jpg

Lask weekend, my drummer Ray came over and helped me do the demolition on what was left of the garage. I've known the guy since the 6th grade and he's always been willing to help out when I needed a hand. He came over early Sunday morning and really busted his ass :worship:

It was just the 2 of us. Literally, 2 guys, one dumpster, a chainsaw, a circular saw and 2 shovels.:headbang:

Needless to say, we got a little dirty!!!!

cleanup-1.jpg

cleanup-2.jpg

cleanup-3.jpg

cleanup-4.jpg

cleanup-5.jpg

cleanup-6.jpg

Ya know... a lot of bands talk about how tight their rhythm sections are. Blah, Blah, Blah. Screw that! I don't think it gets too much tighter than this!:kickass:

THANKS RAY!!!!:headbang: