No one Like Prototype?

devilmanozzy

Mar 25, 2003
Tampa, Fl
www.mdarrj.com
I'm a bit surprised no one is posting here, so heres a post for Vic and the gang.

When are they going to do a followup to the first major label album? Any word or rumors, is the band still active?

I don't know who Vic is but if you read the posts below, we're actively shopping our second release and should have something to post soon on the subject. The new CD is entitled "Continuum" with some cool artwork by Travis Smith.

Please stay tuned.

We'll gotta keep the forum alive! they havent gotten enough press I think.. soon as the avid prog/power fans get a hold of Trinity they'll cream themselves. Me and the homies in the barracks back in CT used to listen to it all the time.

Nag said:
I'm curious as to why Pat left. If thats somewhere you dont wanna go down I understand entirely. I've been curious about that for a while now.

Sometimes people just don't work as well together as they used to and it becomes time to split... But that's not to say that it's always a bad thing. Everyone was dissapointed when Pat was no longer in the band. Nevertheless, there are possibilities for mending in most cases. If we so happen to work with Pat again in the future, I'm sure it would be a good thing, and none of us are closed to that chance.

Nag said:
We'll gotta keep the forum alive! they havent gotten enough press I think.. soon as the avid prog/power fans get a hold of Trinity they'll cream themselves. Me and the homies in the barracks back in CT used to listen to it all the time.
I'm an "avid prog/power fan" and got Trinity reading like it was the holy grail for prog fans. I didn't think so. I gave it spins over and over because I thought I might be missing something BNR got, but I couldn't find it. It's hardly prog and closer to a radio friendly metal than anything else, especially with the emo sounding vocals. Pat was excellent, however and I will be interested in seeing what he does in the future.

sknight said:
I'm an "avid prog/power fan" and got Trinity reading like it was the holy grail for prog fans. I didn't think so. I gave it spins over and over because I thought I might be missing something BNR got, but I couldn't find it. It's hardly prog and closer to a radio friendly metal than anything else, especially with the emo sounding vocals. Pat was excellent, however and I will be interested in seeing what he does in the future.

Odd. :yuk: Well everyone's got their opinion? You're welcome to yours. I found it to be a wonderful album that I still enjoy even 4 years later. I have my foot in the door to Prog and Power metal. Not my favorite Genres but still got some good shit coming from that direction, Prototype being one of them.

Weird... We don't hear the emo thing with the vocals at all. But that's cool. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on what we sound like and what genre we should be in. I always think of us as a progressive thrash band. The new album "Continuum" is a little darker and more aggressive overall, but it's still Proto.

protokragen said:
Weird... We don't hear the emo thing with the vocals at all. But that's cool. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on what we sound like and what genre we should be in. I always think of us as a progressive thrash band. The new album "Continuum" is a little darker and more aggressive overall, but it's still Proto.

It's Protastic!

Seems like Trav said:
It's Protastic!

Definitely thanks to you it's looking very Protastic :)

As far as the comments above, I'd have to agree that the opinions on Trinity vary wildly. All you have to do is read all the reviews we have posted on the site and you'll see that there's everything from 10/10's to 4/10's. You can't please everyone of course but the general concensus was that it was good, and that's what we like to hear of course. We'll see what happens with the new release.

Darkmatter said:
Hi Damir, it's something we really hope for but as of right now there are no solid plans. We'll see what gives once the new CD is out and we start getting offers. In any case, we would really look forward to it!

Thanks for the answer. I really enjoy your music and hope to see you live somewhere in Europe. Keep up the good work! :wave: