'Noah's Ark' found in Turkey on Mount Ararat

JMarz

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2008
Minnesota, US
www.facebook.com
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2949640/Noahs-Ark-found-in-Turkey.html#mySunComments

THE remains of Noah's Ark have been discovered 13,000ft up a Turkish mountain, it has been claimed.

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say they have found wooden remains on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey.

ark380_1032747a.jpg

Biblical tale ... Noah filled the ark with two of each animal species

They claim carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old — around the same time the ark was said to be afloat.

Yeung Wing-Cheung, from the Noah's Ark Ministries International research team, said: "It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it."
He said the structure contained several compartments, some with wooden beams, that they believe were used to house animals.
The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds none have ever been found above 11,000ft in the vicinity, Yeung said.
Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted.
The biblical story says that God decided to flood the Earth after seeing how corrupt it was.
He then told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.
After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain.
Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants ran aground.

Really? Just... REEEALLY?

The fact that it could just be some old boat at best, or just some scraps of wood at worst, doesn't take away from that 99.9% confidence that it's this one particular magic boat?

It's like finding some disturbed soil in my backyard and saying that I'm 99.9% certian that this is where they buried Jimmy Hoffa.

I think it's pretty hard to stage this. A boat that dates back 4,800 years on top of a 13,000 foot tall mountain... This is pretty ridiculous.

JBroll, where art thou?

Even if it isn't "Noah's Ark," I'd love to know how this boat got up there.

Um, seems like I'm the only british guy awake right now, so I'll say this before someone else does

If you believe anything The Sun says, you're a fool :D

I wanted to see if there was any more articles on this so I Googled 'noahs ark', and this is the first result.

http://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/

Anybody down for some fun in the sun?

Waterparks are more important than bible stuff anyway.

I've been there - my dad grew up in WI and I still have a ton of family there.

Most legit waterpark. FUCKING EVER. Seriously, this place fucking rocks.

When I was there, I wasn't old enough, but there were golf-cart size tanks you could get in and shoot tennis balls at each other with. TANK WARS. AT A WATER PARK!!!

When I was there, I wasn't old enough, but there were golf-cart size tanks you could get in and shoot tennis balls at each other with. TANK WARS. AT A WATER PARK!!!

WIN!!!!

FML. Upon further investigation, the tanks were removed in 2002 and replaced with some gay water ride. :( Why does god punish me like this?

FAIL!!!!

This post should be presented to the park director as I'm sure that the validity of it would convince them to immediately reinstate the tank-tennis-ball-shooting-awesomeness.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/04/27/2280442.aspx

' It seems as if evidence of the ark pops up at least every couple of years - and not always in the same place. The latest report appears to follow up on a 2007 expedition that came upon a wooden structure "in the interiors of an unusual cave" at the 14,700-foot level of Ararat's slopes.'

' Even if you assume the explorers found what they say they found, linking the discovery to Noah's Ark requires lots of leaps of faith: Is [this particular instance of] carbon dating accurate? Cornell's Kuniholm said he would like to know who did the dating, especially considering that previous tests [from the same site] reportedly came up with more recent dates. Is it more plausible that the structure is from a miraculous ark, or from an ancient shelter on the mountainside? Is there any evidence of a catastrophic flood that rose to near the top of Ararat 4,800 years ago?

"We know what's going on with Turkey archaeologically at that time, and there's no major interruption in the culture," Zimansky observed.

"There's not enough H2O in the world to get an ark that high up a mountain," Kuniholm said.

Kuniholm has had to deal with repeated claims from ark-hunters, including claims based on purported discoveries of ancient wood, and it sounds as if he's starting to get sick of it. He expects the latest report will end up in his thick file of ark discoveries that end up going nowhere.

"These guys have already gotten the answer worked out ahead of time," he said, "and then they go out to prove it." '

Um, seems like I'm the only british guy awake right now, so I'll say this before someone else does

If you believe anything The Sun says, you're a fool :D

WE FOUND NOAHS ARK, WE ALSO FOUND TITS, PICS ON PAGE THREE, WHERE OUR NEW GIRL GIVES HER THOUGHTS ON WORLD PEACE.

HOLLA.