Nocturnal Rites - Shadowland

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I cannot get this CD out of my hi-fi. OK, truth be known, I'm flipping between Nile ("Darkend Shrines") and Dark Tranquility ("Damage Done") too, but since they're not Prog or Power, I thought I'd share my glee with Shadowland here.

Sacred Talisman may be their magnum opus, but Shadowland is certainly close competition.

Anyone else have this CD yet? :)

Nope...Not yet, But It's on my list for sure :)

I've been listening to these guys for the last 5 years.....and after hearing their progression from "Sacred Talisman" to "Afterlife" I am really looking forward to getting "Shadowland"!

I really didn't care for the thin, raw guitar production of the first three albums...and although he was a good singer who handled the the job well at the time, former vocalist Anders Zackrisson was a bit hard to listen to In my opinion. I still enjoy spinning those albums for the "retro" aspect of it, and really dig "Sacred Talisman" the most out of those first three discs.

I am really groovin' on their new vocalist, who I think resembles ex-Loudness/Malmsteen screamer Mike Vescera... who is one of my ALL TIME faves!!!

heavier direction + new vocalist = time for me to buy "Shadowland"!!!!

....just my two cents:)

Shadowland kicks major ass!!!!:Shedevil: :devil: :headbang: :hotjump:
I was kind of disappointed with Afterlife (it is by no means a bad album but Tales of Mistery and Imagination and Sacred Talisman are two kick ass albums) so I was very pleasantly surprised when I got Shadowland. I listen to it every other day. It rules!!! I hope these guys will play at ProgPower 4.0 or 5.0.

Originally posted by Dustin
I am really groovin' on their new vocalist, who I think resembles ex-Loudness/Malmsteen screamer Mike Vescera... who is one of my ALL TIME faves!!!

heavier direction + new vocalist = time for me to buy "Shadowland"!!!!

THANK YOU! That was bugging me since the first time I heard it - I knew the vocalist sounded like a Malmsteen singer. And I always thought Mike Vescera was one of the better ones (after Joe Lynn Turner of course).

Indeed, Shadowland has entered my top ten albums of 2002 already, and I would travel thousands of miles to see them at the next ProgPower gig.