2. Century Child-Nightwish
3. Wings Of Forever-(Debut Album)Power Quest
4. Forebearer's Of Dusk-(Debut Album)Howling Syn
5. Secret Of The Runes-Therion
6. Legend Of Nhor-(Demo) Dies Ire
7. Crimson Thunder-Hammerfall
8. Suicide By My Side-Sinergy
9. Cruel Fight-(Demo)-Bloody Tears
10. Endless Battle, Illusion, and Mystery-(Demo Albums)-Chaos Opera:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :worship: :worship:

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think this has been a particularly great year., particularly following such a strong 2001. I felt that old favourites had released albums that while not exactly bad, didn't live up to their previous efforts. I'd include in that list bands like Manowar, Primal Fear, Sinergy, Freedom Call, Falconer, Halford etc.

That said, there were still some strong CDs released this year:

Annihilator, "Waking the fury" -- way out in front, and easily my album of the year.
Blind Guardian, "A night at the opera"
Rage, "Unity"
Angel Dust, "Of human bondage"
Dio, "Killing the dragon"

Originally posted by pits
persuader - the hunter
Technically, that was in 2000, and so doesn't really count. However.... Persuader!!!! I must have it. Ever since I first heard the MP3s on the net, I've been searching high and low trying to find this CD. Loud 'n' Proud records no longer exists, the band split up (although they've now reformed with a different guitarist), and the limited run of CDs they did have all been sold. I even mailed Pekka Kiviaho (the guitarist) to try and find out where I could get a copy. He said that they were all sold, and that my only hope was to try and find it on Napster or similar. So Pits... Since you're the only person I've ever come across that's actually got the CD, would you be able to copy it for me? Or rip it to Ogg Vorbis or MP3, and email it? Or any other way to get it to me? I'll happily pay any reasonable cost incurred...

Originally posted by Tet
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think this has been a particularly great year., particularly following such a strong 2001.

For power metal, 2001 was phenomenal I agree.

However, in 2002, there were some outstanding achievements outside of the power metal arena in my opinion: In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Suidakra, Soilwork, and Arch Enemy!

Angel Dust, "Of human bondage"

Was this 2002? Ugh - to be honest, this could go down as one of the most disappointing releases of the year for me....quite sad really since their previous albums were so cool.

Originally posted by Tet
Persuader!!!!

I heard these guys on a random internet radio station...very good, I thought! Can't remember the song though...still, was good!

Originally posted by pits
Yeah, damage done by dark tranquillity is THE record of the year, all style together. A totally kick ass album im my opinion.
Hmmm. I might give it a go then. I was very unimpressed by "Projector" and although "Haven" was a step back in the right direction, I haven't rushed out to buy the new one yet. Certainly, the new material didn't stand out when they played it live. In fact, with the notable exception of "Punish my heaven", and a couple of the Haven-era tracks, I thought they were a bit dull when I saw them last month...

I'm not sure how the tracks would work live because I've never seen DT live. However, I can agree that Damage Done is one of the better albums of the year, most notably for it's 'concise' production values....