NoLordy's Song of the... Moment.

Captain Beard

No longer active
Sep 6, 2001
Arch Enemy's "Bridge of Destiny" is on my list today, off of "Stigmata." All around a good song, but what buttfucked me was the solo at the end of the song. All I can say is "Holy Shit, guitar played this well makes me want to cry." And I did shed a tear. Go listen, you naif! (Oh, Remember that's the solo at the END of the song.)

Dude how can you say it's bland. The guitars are kinda low in the mix in some cases, but the songs are fucking great. Great mix of brutality and melody. The drummer is fucking insane. Benton does a good job with the vocals. I've been listening to the album everyday for like a month now.

yeh the end of that song makes me think of like the end credits of some 80s movie or something with the people running towards each other in slow motion into the big embrace haha. like top gun or something haha. great song.

NoLordy Capone said:
Arch Enemy's "Bridge of Destiny" is on my list today, off of "Stigmata." All around a good song, but what buttfucked me was the solo at the end of the song. All I can say is "Holy Shit, guitar played this well makes me want to cry." And I did shed a tear. Go listen, you naif! (Oh, Remember that's the solo at the END of the song.)

Stigmata is the greatest album by a great band- Let the Killing Begin, for those who haven't heard old AE and like the new shit, listen to that song and tell me what you think, it is absolutely stunning. ANd the melody lines at the end of Bridge Of Destiny is my favorite part of that album also, it just gets you.

I agree with Guerilla on the new Vital Remains - it's a pretty fucken impressive album. I was slightly put off when I heard the fourth song in a row that had the exact same structure as the previous three (riff, drum fill, bass comes in, drum fill, blast beat for next five minutes), but nonetheless it is a great album. It's a but of a shame that the guitars are low in the mix because the dude playing them knows how to write good music. Some of the melodies on the album are awe-inspiring but tragically understated.

I really like hte new Misery Index, there's something about it that just screams attitude. I nearly came on my foot when I first heard the song "retaliate" what a fucken intro to the album!!! And the drummer! Holy fuck.

Whilst we're still on the subject of *good* death metal, yesterday I picked up the new Skinless and I am very happy with my purchase. I couldn't stomach their earlier work due to the production which made it sound very mish-mashy and inaudible but Kernon did a great job with the newie and the bands talent and penchant for nice riffs and breakdowns really shows through.

Yup. Yesterday I also finally got Damnation by Opeth and I like it. It appeals to my pussy side :D