Non-metal geners that actually appeal to metalheads

vgmaster9

Jun 30, 2012
What are many non metal genres and subgenres do you feel that are ones that would appeal greatly to metalheads?

There are lots I can really think of, like psychedelic rock, garage rock, prog rock, southern rock, stoner rock, post-rock, grindcore, neofolk, dark ambient, classical, jazz fusion, free jazz, grunge, drone, punk rock, anarcho punk, horror punk, crust punk, hardcore punk, D-beat, IDM, psytrance, metallic hardcore, martial industrial, power electronics, harsh noise, death industrial, EBM, power noise, industrial rock, gothic rock, deathrock, darkwave, neoclassical darkwave, underground/old school rap, psychobilly, outlaw/alternative country, noise rock, gabber, speedcore, breakcore, powerviolence, electro industrial, aggrotech, shoegaze, digital hardcore, thrashcore, terrorcore, dark/punk cabaret, japanoise, street punk, synthpop, trip hop, and goregrind.

I'd say Jazz (Fusion, Bebop, Smooth, Traditional, etc.), Prog rock, Punk and it's subgenres, Ambient, Classical, and Shoegaze would probably be the easiest for a metalhead to get into but that's just going from my tastes. There is some awesome Pop and Bluegrass/Country music though.

Neo-folk, gothic rock, dark ambient, and neoclassical darkwave, because most internet metalheads have shit taste in non-metal.

I don't listen to much neo-folk or dark ambient, but that's fucking stupid. Listening to kpop constitutes shit taste in non-metal, not any of those aforementioned genres, which are dark, after all.

Dark = good? That's what people with bad taste in both metal and non-metal would have you believe.

What an odd thing to say. No one would "have me believe" anything, since I already know what sounds good to me. It's not like the cool kids told me it was good and I just took their word for it.

I'm a fan of Classical, Country, old Rock and the more ambient side of synth and electronic music (not dance type stuff or bass worship though)