Non-Metal

Do you listen to non-metal genres or metal only?

• No, Metal only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I listen to non-metal too

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters

Indestructible

New Metal Member
Nov 17, 2010
Might be a little bit out of place in a metal based forum, but I think, the music industry is so diverse and full of different styles, that just metal all the time starts to seriously feel boring at some point...

Well, I'll start off - I really like Country, Pop rock, Electronic, Rap(only a few specific ones, not a big fan of the genre), and Neo-prog. These are some of my favourite artists/bands outside the metal scene -

IQ
Daughtry
John Berry
Bryan Austin
Infected Mushroom
Skrillex
Twelfth Night
Sentinel
Nickelback
Theory of a Deadman
Breaking Benjamin
Shinedown

well, what about you?

old folk rock from the 60s/70s like fairport convention and steeleye span, to new folky 00s/10s pop/rock like first aid kit and fleet foxes.
60s/70s dance/pop like abba and chic and motown music.
any prog/symphonic rock from any decade, from genesis to yezda urfa.
80s pop like duran duran, alphaville, cyndi lauper and cross-over 80s pop like talk talk.
60s/70s/80s rock like creedence clearwater revival, van halen, the doors and deep purple.
roots raggae like augustus pablos and midnite.
film composers like basil pouledaris (conan), john williams (jurassic park), howard shore (LOTR), and in particular ennio morricone. also, goblin (gallo/horror movies).
new age stuff like enya and eri sugai.
a lot of hard-to-categorize music, but often within the rock domain, like mr. bungle.
folky singer/songwriters, like neil young, jeff buckley and more obscure ones like shelagh mcdonald.
classical music like bach, beethoven, holst.
jazz, but pretty selective as I'm not very well-oriented in the genre; coltrane and davis.
modern pop/dance/whatevs like daft punk, adele, and robyn.
oh yeah, and country (I guess?); I've got a weakness for lee hazlewood and kenny rogers.

Tough to describe. Its similar to the Rio stuff just more intense. Rio is another genre that I listen too..
Rio? I don't know whats that, either... maybe you mean an Ronnie James Dio or something? I dont know, the name sounds familiar, but I still dont understand what you mean..

I havent done this yet because im lazy, but Ken nailed it for.me too. Except grunge.. I love Soundgarden, AIC, and the Screaming Trees especially. I find Nirvana to be overrated(except for Bleach).

Wait, whats EDM?