Noob logic question about cutting up samples.

SocialNumb

Damn Christians!
Aug 15, 2006
Boyton, WPB, FL
Logic pro 9 of course.

Is there a fast way to do this? I have a shit load of movie samples to cut up and I usually do this manually because I don't record live drums or anything with heavy cutting/editing. However, I have a shit load to do now.

So my friends, any tips? I hope there is something along the lines of automatic. ;)

Flame on me if it's been posted. :erk:

well, it depends if there are spaces between the samples like two people talking but for one line samples you could just beat slice at the correct level and chop em up then do a batch export.

A lot of them are people talking, others are noises, melodies and scary shit. I'll give beat slice a try. They seem to be in ten minute chunks. Something like tab to transient would help some.

You may also want to give "Split @ Playhead" a try as well.
There is a Key command for it: " \ "
In order to do that, though - you have to do it in real time - but it has worked for me many time in the past.

Then there is always the antiquated "Strip Silence" feature - that too would take some work, though.

And if you are running the latest version - you can always try Flex Time w/ the Polyphonic option.

Those are a few options, sir. Let me know if it works out for you!

Scott

Thanx Scott. I tried the silencer and well, not so great. I'll give those other suggestions a try later on tonight.

as always, Rawk N' Roll! ;)