North American Tour 2010

setlist is nearly identical from what i can gather. Did they play Final Chapter on the euro tour? if so then its identical. i think 14 songs total. Due to time constraints, they had to yank the 4th dimension melody as well as another track.

Im suprised my neck doesnt hurt this morning :headbang:

yeah they played it, so the trackling is identical, just as I predicted :p (it was quite logical to assume so)

but you havent answered my other question, those VIP tix are backstage so you get to get your arse drunk with Peter and crew after the show right??

yeah they played it, so the trackling is identical, just as I predicted :p (it was quite logical to assume so)

but you havent answered my other question, those VIP tix are backstage so you get to get your arse drunk with Peter and crew after the show right??

No, the VIP passes were not backstage passes. We didnt get them for tonights show either (must have been too many people that got in on the extra price tickets)

Ok here is a recap for tonights show Mesa AZ at UB's May 12th

I got there at about 1ish-Hybirdwar soon after. We were told we got to sit and watch Hypocrisy do their soundcheck since we didnt get to meet them last night in Tucson. However, we waited.....and waited....and waited for them to get all the technical difficulties out of the way. Once they did, the band ripped into Fractured Millenium sounding perfect. Also played the first half of Valley. So, we knew the place even though a dump would have good sound.

A recap of the show:
first band-local opening band very retro thrash sounding

Swashbuckle-wow, are you kidding me? I mean yes, these guys are fairly talented, but cant be taken very serious. They dress like Pirates and sing songs with the titles such as "Were bringing scurvy back" and "X marks the Twat" LMAO!!!!!!!! amusing to say the least.

Blackguard-I must say, im kind of impressed-alot of energy even though it sounds a bit too "nintendo metal" for me. Has elements that remind me of Kalmah at times.

Hate-their first show of the tour and they were very good. Remind me of Behemoth (but these guys go way back before Behemoth). I guess they have a new album out or coming out soon. Sounds promising.

Scar Symmetry-Man, i used to really give a shit about this band, but now i dont. Loosing Christian was the last straw for them. They also dont sound to tight live compared to cd. I actually went out to the car and took a nap during their set lol (they were really bad in Tucson)!!!

least but not last.....

Hypocrisy-ok i know alot of you are disatisfied that this is basically the same set as the euro tour, but trust me, its still very good. Peter sounded amazing tonight compared to the tucson show. Sound is good (their sound engineer named Vicki is very good) and the lights show is pretty awesome as well. Only place where things started to sound "weak" was during Weed out the Weak. Some of the vocals got a bit thin during the more screamish parts. I was kind of suprised. However, the low growls for the more brutal stuff were on par with Destroys Wacken (in fact at times i thought to myself that these vocals are as good as Wacken) didnt hurt that the sound was great too.

So finally, Hybridwar and I got to do the "meet and greet" that all of you are wondering. Well, it was much better organized this time around. They ended up doing it after the show, but it worked out perfect even though it was at about 1AM. I had a big stack of shit to sign and they band gladly signed all of it. Mikael and Peter rememebered me from the 2005 tour, when i gave the whole band a case of Alien Amber ale from a brewery in New Mexico (my avatar pic shows me and peter holding the bottles).

So, all together, im much happier with todays performance and outcomes. I feel better than satisified.

So, if any of you are going to tomorrows show in Hollywood, you will probably run into my ex girlfriend there. Its strange-she never was into metal and after i dumped her, she gets all into it now-WTF?

Oh, one more thing, you guys have to check out the shit that hybridwar had signed-its pretty bad ass! we will post pics of our stuff.

Jadedbluesummers-where were you? Did you cookout? i didnt see you with a grill outside or anything. I even went up to a few women that looked like you and asked them if they were you-i felt like a total tool!

ok can you tell me whats the diff then between a standard ticket and the VIP one which costs like twice the price?

yea you can-when they give you your actual ticket, it says vip on them. The tour promotor is very good. they make these really nice laminated glossy tickets with the TOED album art on them.

ahh LOL

Im not talking about they way they LOOK, LOL!!!

I wanna know what advantages having a 50 bucks VIP ticket gives you compared to a standard 28 bucks ticket

- no lineup?
- free tshirt?
- you get to chill with the bands after the gig?

"Firefest"

Sounds like you made it back alright! Big cheers bro! Your recap is spot on but I'd like to add a little bit more to it!

Jadedbluesummers-where were you? Did you cookout? i didnt see you with a grill outside or anything. I even went up to a few women that looked like you and asked them if they were you-i felt like a total tool!
:p It would have been nice to meet another HYPOCRITE from the forum!

Anyway, yeah the soundcheck was cool as fuck. The best part was just watching Peter walking around with his guitar strumming a song or two in his head. I wanted to ask him a question or two but i just felt the need to just let him focus on the real shit he had to deal with. There were many technical difficulties but Peter proved that he is the boss of such little inconveniences. And you could tell he was pissed about this and that and in the end, he dealt with them and fixed them himself.

The meet-n-greet was announced to start at 4:30 but, again the technical difficulties made it impossible. So we were told that it would take place after Hypocrisy finished they're set.

The only other band I liked was HATE. The vocalist announced that it was there 1st time ever on a US tour! And man they surely didn't disappoint!

Seeing Hypocrisy for the 2nd night in a row was fucking awesome as hell! I was tired but was up to par when it was time for them to take the stage! And like the night before I was up front so I don't really know what happened in the background. "Firefest" was in the bar area and he said it turned into a big riot once Fractured Millennium came on! And like Firefest stated, some songs were cut from the setlist!(Tucson show) I think only 1 or 2 from the Mesa show!

Peter and the boys kicked ass that's all I gotta say! All in all a great 2 nights in a row! Hypocrisy rules! :worship:

And yes..............I will be posting some pics shortly after this! CHEERS Firefest!!! :kickass:

Hypocrisy VIP for both shows!!!!!!

nqr0d5.jpg

Tucson setlist with Peter's guitar pick!

y009c.jpg

Got the pick at the Mesa show!

25hgugi.jpg

Like I said, this is the Tucson setlist and it was cut short because of the glitches. You can see that the numbering goes from 6 to 9 so it was cut. Firefest has the list with the crossed out titles on it. His list is the complete list. So the medley should be there for other shows. And yes they played it at the Mesa show!

:headbang:

Thanks for the pics, those tickets look nice.

EDIT:
Now the cup is perfect. Don't ever touch it again:D

.............and remember the cup????????????

Mikael was very surprised bout seeing the cup. He thought it was just an all black plain cup. Until I turned the logo towards him!

11tbsdi.jpg

353155l.jpg

its sounds like yall had a great fkn time...lucky ducks. i on the other hand had the greatest pleasure of driving from Yuma, AZ to Mesa...and NEVER MAKING IT! My car is a piece of shit...and I soooo hate it right now. Fuck me right?? Oh well maybe next time.

Saw Hypocrisy last night in SF.

I did the meet and greet, and got to see Hypocrisy do their sound check. :D