North American tour Oct-Dec '10

Hopefully they will add AHE to future sets on this tour (and beyond). (Dec 8th hint hint ;)) Weapon X, up for a more detailed review of the show (or at least a setlist)? Sounds like Keenan will be up next unless someone else comes out of the woodwork...

Maybe we're on a roll here with digging up old/rare songs. Let's try another one to test the theory :lol:.....: Keenan, name a oldie but goodie and then Dave will tell us there's no way in hell they'll ever play it again....and then...o_O:tickled: maybe they'll play it in Orlando.

I've been bugging the sods to play that song for what... two, three years? Did they ever play it? Only when they were in america.

I might violate Matt in the ear if I get drunk enough

In no order: Time No More, Infected Nations, Enter the Grave, Thrasher, First Blood, Killer from the Deep, We Who Are About to Die, Bathe in Blood(I think), All Hallows Eve
I think there was another song from I.N., but I'm not completely sure.

2 local bands opened, 13 Lashes, sounds much like The Haunted; was pretty good and Militant which was just a bunch of kids. Militant sucked and not because they are very young, but because the vocals was horrible. They have a lot to learn about performing, for example, the Lead Singer mostly seem to keep to the back of the stage and the Basist and Guitarists occupied the front. Singer is the Frontman, it's just the way it is, he should perform at the front and look at fans there to see them. But they are young so they deserve some slack. On that note their lead guitarist was pretty good and added some pretty nice melodic guitar work here and there.

First time I've seen or really even listen to Bonded by Blood and Gamma Bomb. The new singer for Bonded is pretty nuts, you will know what I mean if you see them live. Music was good, I think a bigger stage and better speakers would do them a lot of good. They would be great given the right equipment. Gamma Bomb, the lead singer is a pretty funny dude, But not really my thing.

It was a small venue with a small crowd, but even so, I'd say that the amount of fans that showed up specifically for Evile was probably more than last year and some of the fans like me came from a pretty fair distance away. So that's pretty good. Evile might have a pretty decent size fan base in UK and even Europe, but they are only just breaking the scene over here, hence why they are touring like mad over here for the last year. Anyways they kicked ass as always. The Instruments and vocals was very clear and crisp, which was good, I wasn't so sure cause some of the openers (2 local bands included) the sound was pretty muddled. They like 2 other openers (13 Lashes & Bonded By Blood) had equipment malfunctions. Ol's pedal broke down, but Evile still carried through (maybe they fixed it eventually) and performed well. I suck at reviews, but at least it's something.

Cool review, WX. Also cool that you got to see them on a headlining show!

On a slightly related note, the show I'm planning on attending on Dec 8th at the Whisky has 9 bands on the bill. Yes, I said NINE. Now, I'm all for a local opener or two at a show, but 5 of them? This is one night, not an all-weekend festival. It sucks for the openers since I figure they're only going to get to play a few songs, then exit stage left for the next band. However, I think it sucks MORE for the touring bands since I think their setlists are also going to be shortened due to the time constraints.

Don't get me wrong, I will be still have a blast at the show. I just wish they wouldn't go so crazy on the # of bands in a single night. Am I off-base with this? :err:

I've got what should be some excellent video( I haven't watched it yet) of the Halloween show in Indy. I may give a taste of it but if you're wanting to see Kiss's Love Gun done by the band I'm keeping that in the vaults for Matt's sake! Ha ha no really it wasn't that bad he just didn't know all the lyrics. I figure its some great footage that could at least a snippet could end up on a DVD someday. I had a blast seeing you guys again and looking forward to seeing you again on Thanksgiving.