Norther MP3 single. free download

i said it on a different forum & i'll stand by it here, too... sounds too much like sum'm skyfire would do, only skyfire would have better vocals & keys.

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
i said it on a different forum & i'll stand by it here, too... sounds too much like sum'm skyfire would do, only skyfire would have better vocals & keys.

I'm not really hearing it myself. Skyfire's more agressive and progressive than that.

Eh, actually not bad. I fucking hated Death Unlimited and this seems slightly more varied than that. The clean vocals are a cool addition. These guys are one of the most unoriginal bands in the melo-death scene and its kinda cool to see them try something different. Shitty guitar tone tho, yeesh.

I agree that this sounds different, which could have been a good thing (cause as you said, trying different stuffs is a good thing)... but this songs is really not that good. I'd say that it's "OK"... nothing more. The clean vocals may be cool.. but there is no agressivity in the song... it's kinda slow. Maybe the other songs will be good, faster, heavier,etc... but based on this song, Norther is getting in the same path as In Flames... starting to suck. As I read on another forum, we would actually say N' Flames. And there is absolutly no link with what Skyfire does..!?!?! I really don't know where you got that. It is sad, cause I really loved Norther. I only hope that the others song will be better.

I agree with most of what that guy said, but I will say that generally the most poppy song is chosen fir a single/free mp3/whatever. For example, Wildest Dreams was not the best way to advertise for Dance of Death.

They aren't going the way of In Flames, they are just writing boring music that was fun when CoB hadnt spawned 3000 clones. Dreams of Endless War was cool and MoM was decent. But they just kept a shit formula for DU and this one doesnt seem like it will be much better.

Wildest Dreams is NOT a good way at all to advertise DoD lol. I heard it and was like "aw...i'm not too psyched bout this album now", when in reality the album ended up sounding nothing like that and just kicking ass.