Northlane - Singularity

holy clipping

was this mixed by Putney? maybe it was another structures situation and the band made him make it that insanely loud. or youtube?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sounds like a gated verb to me, but obviously not ridiculous 80s style. there's a LOT of automation just on the reverb it seems, like the release of the gate depends on the tempo?

Sorry to bump this thread. But, i´ve been listening to this record ALOT lately, and i´m trying to figure out what amps they used. I know putney uses different combinations of amps and cabs. Does anyone have a clue? Cuz this sound is really unique and odd, in a good way.

Sorry to bump this thread. But, i´ve been listening to this record ALOT lately, and i´m trying to figure out what amps they used. I know putney uses different combinations of amps and cabs. Does anyone have a clue? Cuz this sound is really unique and odd, in a good way.

I was almost going to bump this thread with the same question... then I found the answer and will now bump this thread with that instead! Fucking killer production on this album...

http://geargods.net/interviews/northlane/

From the interview:

"Last I worked with Will he had a lot of fun as a mad scientist combining a lot of different tones together in the re-amping stage. Were you there for the mixing process? Were the tones re-amped or or did you keep the tracking tones? Do you know what gear was used?

The tones weren’t re-amped. We used a Diezel VH4 into a diezel cab and then a 5150ii into a mesa cab, Will blended these in a summing mixer and then added a Krank revolution into a palmer DI in some bits and a bogner uberschall in others. For all of the leads and any affected tones we exclusively used the Axefx II, can’t really remember which specific amp models."