Norwegian Black Metal (and related)

Originally posted by Tribalchemy
got the next infos tonight at the Satyricon party >

About DHG > Jens Ryland from Borknagar will not join DHG, but perhaps Paradigma...he organized the 2 first editions of the norwegian Inferno festival.

-----------------------
yes, like also Windir,
Darkthrone, Zyklon, Thorns ... so many to mention!

Here we go, below!

Originally posted by Lutz
Tqo bands I really recommend:

Aeternus & In The Woods...
today I got my CDs I've ordered, and as usual, an extra CD is added for free. this time it is AETERNUS : "Dark Sorcery"
when I saw the font of the letters, I thought it would be black metal. I looked at the pictures, and thought: definitely black metal. I turned the CD and saw a golden surface (which irritated me). I read the label, which again irritated me. I put the CD into my CD player and expected a shrieking, piercing , hateful voice, triple-bassdrum, and shredding noisy guitars killing my eardrum.
what I heard was a growling, deep pleasant voice, the music more midtempo, doomy, groovy, some double bass drum but along with midtempo guitars. the last song (instrumental) is pure folk (and I definitely mean FOLK, with acustic guitars :err: )..... I was sort of irritated o_O the layout and outer appearance lead totally astray! I like this (mini) album :D
btw. it says on the back: "gold disc limited edition". since I normally don't pay too much attention to special or limited editions, I have no idea, how "valuable" such things are. could it also be it's only a promo? (it's not in a jewel case but only in a thin plastic sleeve)

Originally posted by opacity

today I got my CDs I've ordered, and as usual, an extra CD is added for free. this time it is AETERNUS : "Dark Sorcery"
when I saw the font of the letters, I thought it would be black metal. I looked at the pictures, and thought: definitely black metal. I turned the CD and saw a golden surface (which irritated me). I read the label, which again irritated me. I put the CD into my CD player and expected a shrieking, piercing , hateful voice, triple-bassdrum, and shredding noisy guitars killing my eardrum.
what I heard was a growling, deep pleasant voice, the music more midtempo, doomy, groovy, some double bass drum but along with midtempo guitars. the last song (instrumental) is pure folk (and I definitely mean FOLK, with acustic guitars :err: )..... I was sort of irritated o_O the layout and outer appearance lead totally astray! I like this (mini) album :D
btw. it says on the back: "gold disc limited edition". since I normally don't pay too much attention to special or limited editions, I have no idea, how "valuable" such things are. could it also be it's only a promo? (it's not in a jewel case but only in a thin plastic sleeve)

Yeah. That Aeternus EP is really great.
Dunno about the limited version (never heard of it), could be a promo indeed.

i have first edition released by Czech label View Beyond. i don't have any idea what's your edition. probably it's re-edition or bootleg ;) as i know "Dark Sorcery" is very very rare...

... rare, for sure, but I don't remember folkish Aeternus trax atm, I've so a gold-looking cover here also, but it's written 'Shadows on Old' on it, & they rather play Death metal actually, will for sure get the next album ...

well... was relaesed via View Beyond Records in 95. cover and booklet (4 pages only) is black-white. on page 2 is 3 members pictures, on 3 page credits, band & label contact and 4 page tracks titles. on back is tree's pictures and tracks title:
Black Dust
Victory
Raven And Blood
Nordlys [instrumental]

@Tribalchemy: "Shadows on Old" actually was 3rd Aeternus album... and i agree... old Aeternus was folkish dark metal and 2 last albums are death metal

thanks, guys! :)
on mine it says VIEW BEYOND (label) too.
as for bootleg: I cannot believe a record company and label (<- where I ordered from) would spread bootlegs? ;)
Eldzik
cover and booklet (4 pages only) is black-white. on page 2 is 3 members pictures, on 3 page credits, band & label contact and 4 page tracks titles. on back is tree's pictures and tracks title:
Black Dust
Victory
Raven And Blood
Nordlys [instrumental]
same here, except for, I have no back cover and just the plastic sleeve (therefore my guess it might be a promo or s.t. like that). and on page 4, it says beneath the tracks' titles "gold disc limited edition 166/300 pcs" - does that help any further?

ah one more thing: they wrote on page 4 "Raben and Blood" :p on the CD it's written "Raven and Blood" - maybe that's why it's limited =)

np: Ancient Drive - Black Orgies :headbang:

ah one more thing: they wrote on page 4 "Raben and Blood" :p on the CD it's written "Raven and Blood" - maybe that's why it's limited =)

hmmm... for me it's "v", but this letter looks like "b" indeed... a little bit:lol:

funny, here it's definitely a "b", I compared it to the "v" on the CD printed and the "b" in the booklet (in the word "by" ). it's definitely a "b" :loco:
the music is good - that counts :)

np: Final Dawn - Aggression Overdrive check the song out! -> here