Not a single mention of Adagio???!!!

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
I just browsed through 100+ posts of our wishlists of bands for PP IV. And unless I missed something, I don't think I seen Adagio mentioned! I'm new to the board, so perhaps they have been mentioned in the past without me knowing it.

Having them appear would be a long shot though with the vocalist (David Redman/Pink Cream 69), keyboardist (Richard Anderssen/Majestic), and drummer (Dirk Bruinenberg/Elegy) all involved in other bands.

Adagio is now in the studio with a new disc coming out next spring.

For those of you who don't know of the band, they are comparable to Symphony X in many respects, but definitely are doing their own thing. Imagine a generally more aggressive, heavier, and darker version of Symphony X, while retaining all the skill and complexity. Their debut disc is called, "Sanctus Ignus". I believe it was released in the US with Century Media. The version for Japan is on the Avalon label.

www.adagio.fr.st
www.stephanforte.com

Well I'd love to see a full Adagio line-up perform, as I'm sure would Bear and a few other users on the forum. To now, Stephan has only performed the Adagio material solo, with bass, drums and keys on tape - and even then, only in his homeland.

I saw just one gig, and his playing was very impressive - but I'd still prefer to see him playing with a full band. BTW Richard Andersson is not involved anymore and the band have a French keyboard player now.

I would like to see something happen, so lets start the campaign now :) along with Freak Kitchen

Charlie

new material/album should be less sym x style, at least that's what stephan forte mentioned to me on seismic a few times. I think it should have a more classical approach; he's been listening to john williams (star wars) alot :).

BTW, 2003 will rule, look at this list of some cds coming out (hopefully without delay):

Degree Absolute (will be amazing)
Zero Hour
Night's Pulse
Adagio
Andromeda (got stuff from johan, sounds so good, different and better than first)
EmOceans
Mind's Eye (will be darker i hear)
Dream Theater (that's what I hear)
Fates Warning
Fates Warning DVD (my fav band)
Ascension Theory probably from what i hear
New Enchant should be out early next year
Gordian Knot
Power of Omens
Theocracy
Outworld
Into Eternity
Amaran
Chrome Shift
Alias Eye
Pain of Salvation (not TPE II)
Masterplan
Ark
Empty Tremor
Daily Trauma (Genius II instrumental)
Sun Caged
Reading Zero
Control Denied
Antithesis
Vanden Plas
DC Cooper solo
Evergrey
Embraced demo (good stuff, check them out on mp3.com)
Devin Townsend stuff
Kamelot (top 5 album already)
Ring of Fire (I think its next year wide release)
Angra DVD
Tiles (I think this disc will surprise everyone)
Paradigm Blue
Prymary
Arena
IQ (from what i heard)
Probably Queensryche, but doesn't mean its good of course
Strange Land
F5
OSI
John Petrucci solo? (not sure, heard rumors about it)
Balance of Power (they started work on it i know)
IZZ (left my show today to work on it)
Archetype
Redemption
Prototype (an EP at least)
Division
Ion Vein
Secret Sphere (will be amazing, different direction)
Maudlin of the Well probably
Hollow (if he finds label)
Winds maybe
Nightingale
Dillinger Escape Plan
Cea Serin
Kharma Cosmic
Machine Called Man
Wolverine
Twelfth Gate
Katagory V
and more (i'm bored)