Not related to Opeth, but it's related to metal?

Because growing hair happens automatically? Cutting it is where the effort comes in.

My experience is that yes, you're just going to look dumb for a while when it's inbetween short and proper long hair. Not much you can do about it I think. The first time I let it grow out I often ended up cutting into whenever something annoyed me, and as a result it became a complete mess and grew very slowly because I kept cutting bits off. Then I got a clean cut for an internship from that point started over without ever cutting anything at all. It looked bad for a while but it looks okay now so I'm happy with it. So my advice is just sit it out until it stops looking stupid.

ok, i will be the chick who gives hair tips. i would recommend john freida shampoos and conditioner is a must. never brush ure hair while its wet, u will get split ends. long tooth combs are acceptable and even beneficial while wet. avoid ponytails, u will get split ends. get ure hair trimmed every 2-3 months to avoid split ends. ure hair will grow much faster if u dont have split ends. however, the longer it is, the slower it grows. if ure hair is still insanely poofy, infusium 23 is ure friend, but u will smell like a girl, so maybe u should just deal w/ the poof. thats about all the hair advice i have. avoid blow-drying and curling/straightening irons. they give u split ends.

My hair is really fucking dry and curly. I tried to grow it out a couple of times during high school but I ended up cutting because it looked stupid. Now I'm finally growing it and it's past my shoulders and looks pretty good! I used a product called Easy Straight, which straightened my hair but not like an emo fag. Actually my hair is still pretty wavy, but it looks nice instead of the dry curly mess it would be otherwise. The cool thing about this product is you only have to use it once every six months. It takes an hour to apply, but after that you're good for six months. Then when you wash your hair, use a good shampoo and conditioner. Easy Straight also makes good shampoos and conditioners. Redken products are also good. After washing, you just apply a "gloss" product (again Easy Straight and Redken make good ones) and comb it. After it's dry, I comb it into a sort of ball around my head and put on a beanie. Then after a couple of hours, I comb it the other way and put the beanie on again. After that, my hair is pretty straight, but it looks better the next day because it's a little more wavy and natural. It's not as hard as it sounds. Basically, just wash your hair normally (you should be using conditioner anyway) and then apply the gloss and put on a beanie after it's dry. It's pretty easy and if you fags think I am being "un-metal" I dont' give a fuck because I am not "metal."

lol i told you its pretty easy
i only comb after i wash it... well before i put on the beanie too, but thats just part of putting it on, it only takes a second anyway

alienuth said:
ok, i will be the chick who gives hair tips. i would recommend john freida shampoos and conditioner is a must. never brush ure hair while its wet, u will get split ends. long tooth combs are acceptable and even beneficial while wet. avoid ponytails, u will get split ends. get ure hair trimmed every 2-3 months to avoid split ends. ure hair will grow much faster if u dont have split ends. however, the longer it is, the slower it grows. if ure hair is still insanely poofy, infusium 23 is ure friend, but u will smell like a girl, so maybe u should just deal w/ the poof. thats about all the hair advice i have. avoid blow-drying and curling/straightening irons. they give u split ends.
:lol: lmao i have done precisely the opposite of this.

no conditioner, i can't be bothered buying 2 tubes of hair-soap.
i brush it after i towel dry it just to get the shit out of my face so i can properly see.
i then stick it in a pony tail to keep it that way until it's dry :lol:
also, it has not been cut or trimmed in any way for over a year.

i have no split ends. :confused:

ps: what kind of man using hair dryers, curling irons? :lol:
pps: can't be bothered with caring about brands either.

A Reason To Sing said:
Thank you. That's awesome advice. Look man, I just wanted a few pointers. I don't want your smart shit, ace.
I didn't have time to read the thread to know what's been said, so I'll just let you know what I did.

And what I still do. Though I don't grow long hair anymore if I can help it.

What I did was this: I did not cut my hair. I showered maybe once a week and still do! I never brushed my hair and it always got kinda greasy and unkempt. That's the key to having good metal hair. In fact my hair was pretty damn sweet when I grew it out like that. Just make sure never to get it thinned or have your bangs cut because most barbers are dumbasses and will fuck up all your work because they are talking to people while they're supposed to be cutting your hair. Happened to me. Had to get a buzz and never grew my hair long after that. I'd say right now my hair is probably 3 or 4 inches long.

And when you DO take a shower, use Selsun Blue daily or medicated. -_- It doesn't dry out the hair or make it waxy or anything, it just keeps it normal and soft.

I FELT GAY WHILE TYPING THIS.

alienuth said:

I did almost all of that. My hair only looked normal if I brushed it while it was wet, and then put it in a ponytail. Then, when it was dry, I loved the way it looked. And I had very healthy hair, that got to my chest. It's the in between phase thats a bitch, but you just have to deal with it.

Kenneth R. said:
:lol: lmao i have done precisely the opposite of this.

no conditioner, i can't be bothered buying 2 tubes of hair-soap.
i brush it after i towel dry it just to get the shit out of my face so i can properly see.
i then stick it in a pony tail to keep it that way until it's dry :lol:
also, it has not been cut or trimmed in any way for over a year.

i have no split ends. :confused:

ps: what kind of man using hair dryers, curling irons? :lol:
pps: can't be bothered with caring about brands either.

+1 except I can't put it in a pony tail yet. I wear a...erm..."tobogan" to my morning classes. (I don't know if that word translates into non-dixie English. Its "bonnet" in French lol.) I haven't cut mine in 8 months. And I always cut my own hair. Yeah, I'm weird.

hmm, i guess i forgot about the part where men are more genetically similar to male chimps than women when i posted.

To comment on the being a fag by talking about your hair thing. Honestly man, I don't give a shit about looking like some hot shot hero. That's not my personallity. I just want to look decent.

C'mon now, metal heads shouldn't give a car about the way they present themselves? Not relevant, espically in this society.

Anyways, thanks for the tips, all of you. :) I've learned some really important details.

This shit is a pain in the ass.

but (gay) when the wind blows through your hair, and when you turn your face and that shit goes flying, and when your jump it rambles in the air....it's all worth it, man.

Man, growing your hair is tough. I was growing it for about a year and a half, with maybe 4 hair thinnings/split end trims during that whole period. Because the barber was talking to some douchebag, she cut most of it off a week or two ago. I now look like John Petrucci. It's stupid.

I don't know if I'm going to try and grow it again (if I pulled on it when it was long, I could put a little in my mouth...now it's just under my eyebrow) since I have to go to a catholic HS in ~6 months who are extremely anal about anything hair (no facial hair whatsoever [destroys my thoughts of growing an Anders Friden-like full-facial beard], hair has to be above the collar, etc)

For the record, I have extremely dry hair (dandruff :\..it's a bitch.) and really thick, really wavy hair. It's irritating.