Not related to Opeth, but it's related to metal?

Ha, I've been growing my hair out since 2 years ago...

I've been ridiculed in school constantly, but guess what?

I don't give a shit!

And it's going to keep growing too.

(Although I have some insane frayed ends, dandruff, and my hair falls out often :erk:.)

Hmmm, well I've noticed that everytime I take my hand out of my hair when applying shampoo and rubing, there are a couple of strands that just fall out. Several total.

Is that suppose to happen? I'm using that Panteen shit.

See, there's a whole science to this.

heya
ok,i'm a girl...
so, you need to get it trimmed a bit every 6-8 weeks...
then, you need to use shampoo AND conditioner... best not to wash it too often too...
use leave-in conditioner... aveda's is really good...
and then you might need something else if you get frizzy--like a non-alcohol gel or some other type of pomade-type stuff.
then you should be fine :)
feel free to message me if you need any additional advice...

OH... and as a female, i will say that long hair on guys is only hot if you take care of it!!!
that means trimming and using products that prevent frizz.
it's MUCH nicer that way.

Kenneth R. said:
As much as I love the middle ages, I don't think I want to smell like it. :ill:

6666th post.:kickass:

Showering once a week really isnt a big deal. Most people of today are really anal with being clean. Taking a shower once a day is almost excessive. Most people dont really sweat at all. Most people either go to school, go to an office job, or work inside in the air conditioning/heat all day. If you dont sweat and you dont expose yourself to dirty outside elements, your not dirty. If you were active that day and sweat a lot, then take a shower. During school in the winter, I take a shower once to twice a week. In the summer time ( I work outside), I try and take a shower every day.

And with all you guys being "metal" and not caring, it seems like you care an aweful lot about how you smell. Really, if you didnt give a shit, then a daily shower wouldnt be so damn important to you guys.

Seriously, metalheads care about their hair. Its pretentious to say you dont, and in the metal community, not caring about shit is cool. I am sure that everyone here that has long hair cares about having it, and the people with short hair wish that they had the long metal hair.

You claim that the reason you grow your hair out is lack of caring to get it cut, well you could just as easily buzz your head every month or so by yourself. and the long hair in your face is really something to deal with. Having long hair isnt a walk in the park all the time when your hair gets in your face. So saying you have long hair just because you dont give a shit is pretentious and a shitty ass excuse. I dont buy it. If being "metal" is not caring about shit, then dont consider me metal. I dont want to be an emotionless douchebag like you guys.

A Reason To Sing said:
Hmmm, well I've noticed that everytime I take my hand out of my hair when applying shampoo and rubing, there are a couple of strands that just fall out. Several total.

Mines always shed quite a bit, unless its so prevalent that you're developing a bald spot, I wouldn't be concerned.

NicholasDWolfwood said:
since I have to go to a catholic HS in ~6 months who are extremely anal about anything hair (no facial hair whatsoever [destroys my thoughts of growing an Anders Friden-like full-facial beard], hair has to be above the collar, etc)

tell them ure gonna give it to locks of love. they let my friend's get all the way down to the small of his back cuz he said that.

A Reason To Sing said:

It's ok. Chill. After you brush your hair, you should look at the hair brush - it looks like half the hair that was on your head is now on the brush - but it's ok. At least, it was for me, and I didn't have any bald spots.

Also, forgot to mention that from what I understand, use shampoo and conditioner every other day. Or at least shampoo. More and less than that is unhealthy for you hair.

honestly, you guys seem far more anal about "hair products" than i thought of most. but then, some of you are girls, and that is normal i suppose. like hell i will ever do any of that stuff though. i'm still an advocate for my wash it, dry it, forget it method.

This thread is AWESOME! I'm very amused at the tips and banter. Quite unexpected here.

When I was growing out my hair in college, it looked like I had a meatloaf on my head. It was terrible. I was basically growing out "newscaster" hair. You know when Eric Cartman does his reports for Sexy Action News (as Rick Cartman)? Like that. The folks in my music theory class actually clapped for me the day I walked in with it pulled back in a ponytail. The ponytail saved me for a while so that even though it looked pretty goofy, it was hard to tell.

People will give you terrible, but well-intentioned advice, too. My younger brother suggested I get bangs like Axel Rose. My step-mom suggested a perm. Yikes.

FRUGiHOYi said:
youre lucky if you can just wash, dry, and forget. some of us really cant do just that or we will look absolutely ridiculous.

my hair is all over the place, it does what it wants itself, i dont care.. i keep it clean and dry it with a towel then walk out of the door..

one day I'm gonna do my hair like this dude just for fun.
RD___Zaraki_Kenpachi__by_Ramen_Designs.jpg

I've actually seen someone do something similar. It ruled.

As to what you said before, I don't think shampoo and conditioner are hair products just for girls. I mean, I want my hair to be healthy, just like I want to be healthy.

Then again, if I liked the way I looked if I had to use a curling iron or whatever, then I'd probably do it. Because I really don't believe that as a metalhead I have to be all "fuck this, fuck that". I want to look as good as I can, without having to care what other people think. Just for this reason I don't go out in boxer shorts or tutus, but I wear clothes I like. The same thing about the hair - I wear it however I want to.

Which is why my hair now is less that 5 cm's long...

Frosties said:
You have long hair. Therefore you are a metalhead. It's a fact.
:lol: and that's why one of my favorite bands is Third Eye Blind. or perhaps Yanni? Yes, they are incredibly metal. Let's not forget Unicorn or Mostly Autumn, or Pink Floyd. :tickled: