Notable 2017 Releases to Come

Vaura, Toby Driver, Gorillaz, Noltem, LCD Soundsystem, Chromatics, Run The Jewels, Slowdive, Glass Candy, Ride, Akercocke, Lydia Ainsworth, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Horrors

15826035_1242535549116004_3878058585552255162_n.jpg

This shit is cool. Do we still do music here? This is from a debut record coming in April. Band seems promising.

The new Laster (ons vrije fatum), the Great Old Ones (a tale of dark legacy), Turia (dede kondre) and the awesome abigor/thy darkended shade/nightbringer split

On that last note for Abigor--are there any other second wavey bands that are still around making quality albums, expanding their sound but still staying within the confines of bm--Their 2014 album is easily top 3 in their entire discography--I really can't think of any off hand? anyone...?

On that last note for Abigor--are there any other second wavey bands that are still around making quality albums, expanding their sound but still staying within the confines of bm

maybe Enthroned. I thought their recent material was pretty solid.

That Great Old Ones album is a blast indeed, I listen to it basically two or three times daily since it's out. It's an addiction I guess. Don't want it to wear off so far.

I think I've reached that Ali moment in my life. About 10years ago he ranted about being sick of new music and the search for that unknown gem. At that junction I couldnt wrap my brain around it as I was in the maw of the metal sand worm, seeking and vetting the obscure. Probably for twenty something e-peen metal validity points. Now I see where he was coming from. Tons and tons of music yet to be explored from the more prominent to semi prominent bands of yesteryear. (80/90s) Any modern album better be top shelf ala Eternal Warrior or a solid contribution from an established act such as Nokturnal Mortum for me to shell out a kopeck.

i somewhat agree, as i was right there a few years ago. I would only buy stuff from established bands.

then I found Bandcamp. I love buying music directly from the artists. they throw in little stuff like thank you notes, stickers, pins, extra cds. i never buy from online sellers like The End, Redstream, Hells Headbangers or whoever the flave of the month is. i also dont need every release from a band. if Bandcamp only offers 1 out of the 5 releases, I buy the 1 and forget the rest, not tracking them down.

Music is fun for me again.

Reactions: Reign in Acai