Notes from the Recording Studio

dracula

Supremacy
Hi all..

ok well i thought i should share with you some insight into the recording process of the new album "I’m not allowed to reveal the name yet so i won't" ...

As Jadi-Anne and Monika Dee write/Arrange/Produce and play/sing EVERYTHING on their albums "well apart from including session musicians for orchestrations and vocals Duets" , they also pay for it all , so that might end up stretching the recording process a little further , something allot of bands out there suffer from , but it won't bring them down at all .
Recently we acquired out own home recording studio "it's actually a high end one" , so that meant , more time in pre-production "YAY" ,
and i had the pleasure of recording the 2 lovely ladies on many occasions , most recently being Monika’s solo piece , and it was a Very lovely experience ,

Monika Came Over and spend a whole day "just one day" and we recorded all the guitars , the Drums and the bass , and finished the whole song ,
it was so good that the quick mix job i applied to it so she can take it with her stood out really well , and i only had to re-touch it up within the week a couple of times , but it is such a good Instrumental song , "Dee Classical" was born ... it blew me away.

As Monika is Classically Trained and influenced "WAY before classical was in fashion to be quite honest" , she integrates allot of her classical style into her music in Supremacy , which gives supremacy that Original Taste ,
it's clearly not a typical style that you would have heard anywhere "i know i haven't at all" , and Jadi-Anne's Arrangements and vocals "and lyrically ofcorce" have contributed so much to The Sound of Supremacy that we know , and the Chemistry between the 2 sisters is very strong .

I have Personally been moved and privileged to see/hear and be around such amazing musicians that have such passion and drive towards their love for the Music and the band, and i have witnessed the comings and goings of the COUNTLESS amount of musicians that joined/tried out for the band and just couldn't make it , or simply couldn't deliver any of the empty promises they made ,
no wonder things take long then , but from time to time when i hear a new finished song , i sit and i wonder how on earth anyone out their could actually fit into the picture , Musically and Socially .

So what is it like in the Studio with supremacy..
well first of all , it's hard work , as each song would have a complicated yet smooth blend of MANY instruments , arrangements that are perfect and full of details , and that goes for vocals too ,
so work is work , but man do they have fun too ,
Jadi-Anne and Monika have developed a very close business relationship with Endel "rivers" , who believes in Supremacy so much , and has always supported them throughout the many past years of struggle with of the So Called "recording studios" out there , those that couldn't even get the track formatting right , he listens and gets the best performances down and nothing but the best performances ,

Then their is the little break process "everyone needs a break" , this turns things into a very great brain-storming process , and ultimately a very funny one , as everyone gets to have a say , in any way they feel right to do so , at times Monika’s Head banging is a sign of a "good idea" lol ... while Jadi-Anne would but out her cigarette "a sign of lets get back in and try this" lol ...

And as things Progress, the sound starts to become alive, and a new song is born , and is being delivered fresh from the oven "so to speak" ...
they never aim at finishing a song within one recording session , they split the process , this way it give space to digest what's been put out on the table , and the next session is then putting the icing on the cake ...

One could never tire out from hanging around Supremacy, well i know i don’t, and if it wasn't for the times i was called in to work , i would have came along to recording , "yes i know it's not great just sitting around quite most of the time" but i mean have you ever watched sports player prepare for a match , well this is even better , at least in my opinion ...

and i would like take this chance to say thanks to Jadi-Anne for putting up with my nagging for vocal lines over and over as i was testing the new Mic , you sounded great and I'm very thankful for your Patients and suggestions .

Anyway ... this is only a part of some of the notes i will be writing in here about the Recording process of the new album, I will try and cover many areas , and hope it can give you an insight into the World of Supremacy .

Thanks for reading :) :headbang: :headbang:

Nawar
"Supremacy Webmaster"

Hello again...

And another day in recording "was today earlier on"

Monika Came over today , a lazy everyday Saturday , we all sat down and had a good talk for a while , listening to King Diamond live album "this one TOTALLY rocks the hell out of anything and anyone" .
Then we started working on one of the new songs "still untitled”,
lets just say that when you have someone like Supremacy in your Studio and you are a Crazy Producer/Engineer like myself , you will both settle for nothing less but the best , and that's all that we're getting ,
although this one song is just a handful , I admit , we have been at if for sometime , the ideas we get are just too crazy and the sky is the limit like they say , and believe me , there are no limits here , we done EVERYTHING , tried EVERYTHING , played EVERYTHING lol ... Even my Dog Ozzy has had enough lol
But we love it...

Monika can at times give nothing but a great riff or Keyboard line that you will sit scratching your head for hours thinking on what the heck can you fit with it to give it justice , other times she'll just throw in a leak or two on the guitar that will drop your jaw then you are flowing with ideas ...
On this new song, it's a combination of the both.... lol
although I can say that today was allot different , we flew through the ideas and the sound is AWESOME I must add ... Jadi-Anne "co-coordinator and arranger from hell lol" thankfully was guiding us along the right path when we stray far form the line and get carried away ,

I guess Monika and Jadi-Anne have the chemistry when they write together that I still haven't gotten around figuring out...
You will hear a scream followed by a tone of total excitement and then I don't know what happens, I can't follow always when they get like that lol
I wait till the dust settles down and then I will be filled in on the idea...
then usually I would scratch my head, curse a little bit, and take a sip out of my tea cup, then proceed to work around what I think was the idea and go from there ... it's very interesting where at times I totally understand the general idea, but the outcome is yet is a blur, but the best thing I guess about having the Pre-Production Studio here is that we can do anything and everything without worrying about anything...

the thing is that this song has LOTS of guitars , melodies , harmonies , and Plenty of Orchestrations ... the new MIC we got today Really paid off , After Monika left , Jadi-Anne tracked some Vocals and redone some others , and man , I sat there with a BIG smile on my face that I couldn't remove , this was heaven ... it all worked out ... she was an angel , the warmth and the tone , it was ALL there ... :hotjump:

There is nothing like spending a day like this...

We sat down and had a nice cuppa after it all and just listened OVER AND OVER, this was no walk in the park for sure, but man, why would you walk in the park if you could go mountain climbing for a change o_O

Over all ... from trying things on the guitar, to keyboards, to drums to vocals, this was all constructive and educational ... "one is always learning and seeking knowledge from everything around”...

Monika will have to lay down a KILLER solo for the totally Killer riff behind it ... so that will be the next session sometime during the week, and believe me I’m hanging for it...

It’s now 2 am ... and I must go get some rest, have a drink and watch the Munsters, a well earned rest after a hard day's work....

hope you had fun reading ;)

Nawar

Supremacy's Webmaster... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

WOO HOO The Recording Has Been Completed,
The Album Is Finished I'm So Happy.
Now The Album Cover and Final Touches For The Release And That's It,
The New Supremacy Album Is Born

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

IT ROCKS :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

supremacy said:
WOO HOO The Recording Has Been Completed,
The Album Is Finished I'm So Happy.
Now The Album Cover and Final Touches For The Release And That's It,
The New Supremacy Album Is Born

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

IT ROCKS :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

will this be available to buy in the united kingdom?:)

Greetings to you Foxi,
The Supremacy Album will be released in Australia only at first and after having a big band meeting the girls have decided to release it Jan 2006.
They wanted the new year as its a new beginning of a fresh start.
The site will be worked on over the Christmas break and i believe the new Release will be on sale through the website.
The band is currently looking into distribution around the world so it could end up your way.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact management@supremacy.com.au

Nice to see you on the site Foxi,
I hope you have a very nice day and "Blessed be" to you.... :) :) :headbang: :) :)

thankyou

looking forward to when it is for sale over here
love what i've heard from the girls so far
keep up the good work
be happy:worship: :kickass:

Keep up the great work.. Damn you gal's must be the hardest working band in Australia... I can't wait to hear the new album, sounds like it's gonna be killer!!

Hope you all had a great Christmas, and here's cheers to you for the new year!!! May it be a supreme year for all!!

Hi Stranger,
Just want to thank you for your support "You Rock"
Well i hope you had a nice Xmas and i hope 2006 rocks for you....
I will catch up with you very soon till then take care you metal mad man.
Say Hi to everyone.
"Blessed be"
Jadi-Anne :headbang: :headbang: :wave: :headbang: :headbang:

Heya all,
Wishin' ya all the best for the new year '06 and may Supremacy take the world spining upon a whole new axis, from what I have heard(the new album!) the metal industry has no idea what is yet to come.
Cheers to you all
Love ya metal sister

Sonya

Hey Anne, great to catch up again (even if it is via the net..lol)!!

Supporting a band like Supremacy is more than a pleasure, you maidens put so much blood, sweat and tears into the music and have done ever since I've known ya'll. I'm sure this year is set to bring Supremacy to a much wider audience worldwide!!

When I'm in the city next we'll have to try and catch up, I'll try and time it for when you're playing. I'm very eager to see the new lineup in action, and it's definately been a long time since I've seen Supremacy live (way overdue..)... :D

Say hi to Mon for us too and pass my best wishes to her!!