Now, Diabolical

It's got some seriously funky parts. KING is the first black metal song I can dance do, anyways.

Feckin' Cool album, IMO. Although I know some norsemen upset that its not frostbitten enough.

General Zod said:
Great CD. Can't wait for the US release.

Zod

Whoa! I didn't know you enjoyed the new one that much Greg. Satyricon are easily one of my current faves and the new one is dominating my current rotation (though my current rotation is in a large state of flux, heh).

Not sure if you'd dig their earlier style or not, but if so, you can't go wrong with "The Shadowthrone" or "Nemesis Divina", the former being my personal favorite, but I definitely love the newer "groove/black" fusion style they've come up with as well. Black n' roll if you will.

Jason

hum .... don`t know ... it`s kinda ... poppy :| guess u can hear it on the radio soon :D hehe

Well, I think it is not poppy at all. It is only the original feel of black metal, undiluted, but wrapped in a good sound and played with an understatement - would you believe that Frost can be such a minimalist?
...and yeah, it grooves indeed...:heh:

Will Bozarth said:
poppy? I WISH I lived in a country where Diabolical was poppy!

great band

Totally. I don't know where this "Satryicon is becoming radio friendly" or "selling out" mentality is coming from, but if this is representative of what's playing on the radio, I won't need to buy any more cd's.

Now, Diabolical is pretty good, Its been in my playlist quite a bit.

I was fairly disapointed in their live radio performance a few weeks ago though. I thought Green Carnation (who were the openers) really stole the show away with their acoustic set, as Satyricons performance was well... kinda weak.

yeah, ive been barking up that tree awhile :)

its still far behind nemesis devina, but a good listen nonetheless. i think frost has been hanging out with slipknot too much :loco:

the mother north music video is still one of the best black metal videos id ever seen