Now Listening To thread

On vinyl!
black-sabbath-headless-cross.jpg

Well aren't we special?

This band has never put out a bad album. One of the greatest female rock vocalist ever. And one of the best bands I have ever seen live.
Yes Bob I know you don't like them and that they are only mediocre:lol:

Is CONCRETE BLONDE the band that did JOEY???

One of my fav mainstream female fronted bands would be the SUNDAYS.

Yes, one of your favorite mainstream female vocalist is in that band you have to ask about who did that song Joey". :lol:
No sure if I would use the word "mainstream" with them, they never really broke that big. Then again what exactly would be mainstream and define that anyway.

Huh???
You lost me there, unless you are suggesting that the singer of the SUNDAYS was in CONCRETE BLONDE, of which I do not think is true......

I like the Sundays a lot too, I have a couple of CDs of them.
It just came across funny as you said she was one of your favorite female singers yet you had to ask if that was the band she was in and if 'Joey' their biggest hit was by that band. Came off pretty funny since you opened up by saying, "she is one of my favorite".

LOL - Ok, for a second I thought I was the one going loony!

You wanna talk about diverse music tastes???

True story.. 1993....

One night I saw the Grateful Dead, and the next night the Sundays.

How many people you think could say that????

LOL - Ok, for a second I thought I was the one going loony!

You wanna talk about diverse music tastes???

True story.. 1993....

One night I saw the Grateful Dead, and the next night the Sundays.

How many people you think could say that????

Not sure how I could take the Sundays live, I like the band but a live show seems it would be a bit on the boring side. I feel the same about the Cranes, Lush and a lot of similar groups

Ha, I saw LUSH once at Lollapaloozer.....
Also saw the Breeders.

No, the Sundays live was not an extremely exciting experience.

Lush to The Breeder; is this time period, the vagina connection, or what, never would have related them.
I seem to recall is the Breeders once but really vaguely. Never saw the Pixies and that would have been fun I'm sure.

Nice, we have managed to highjack this thread and take it into alternative girl rock.

Lush to The Breeder; is this time period, the vagina connection, or what, never would have related them.
I seem to recall is the Breeders once but really vaguely. Never saw the Pixies and that would have been fun I'm sure.

Nice, we have managed to highjack this thread and take it into alternative girl rock.

then lets talk about Tiger Trap and Heavenly ( not the power metal band ). Two of my all time indie / alt / punk mix from the mid 90's.

Anyone remember (or heard of) Butt Trumpet? That was a pretty funny almost-all-girl punk band from the '90s.

Hell yeah!!! their hit song was "I Left My Flannel In Seattle"
I saw them at the Metro with FEAR and TRENCHMOUTH.

dude, the 90's were a bitch!!!!!!

Talk about odd band lineups, even for underground shows.

I have some Shonun Knife, don't know the other one

This video sums them up well.....
Yep, they looked like every pop punk chick you went to college with but wouldn't give you the time of day unless you wore VERY tight corduroy pants, vans gym shoes, a thrift store sweater, and gas station attendant jacket.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRL9C5cttcI&list=PL8194ADBDB4150DA9[/ame]