ProgPower USA X Picture Thread

Pagan's Mind pictures are posted!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmine45/sets/72157622482295429/

4020119889_aed2b2657f.jpg

The ProgPower USA facebook fan page needs more candid photos from its fans... Let's show what makes our festival paramount!!

~Jen

Oh, I have tons. I was going to do them after the bands, but still have a couple bands to go. I can do the fan photos now.

I should have a few band-autographing and fan-pics as well. Since I was sick the latter half of the weekend I got fewer pics this year than probably the last 7 or 8. (Compared to the photographic awesomeness in this thread, they'll be small potatoes anyway. :))

Ok, I put the bands on hold and I'm working on people photos now. Wasn't there a separate thread for people, not bands? If someone could locate that, I'll put them there. As I said, there are TONS, but I think we should get the ball rolling with this one:

09PP10ArtCourt22.jpg

Ok, I put the bands on hold and I'm working on people photos now. Wasn't there a separate thread for people, not bands? If someone could locate that, I'll put them there. As I said, there are TONS, but I think we should get the ball rolling with this one:

09PP10ArtCourt22.jpg

Great pic, thanks for posting!! I think the separate thread you're thinking about is Leah's Peeps thread, but others (including myself!) have posted their candids here on this thread. Can't wait to see more.

~Jen

I have a bit of a confession to make:

I have been holding off on the Sabaton pics because I was scared I had ruined them all shooting at 1/100. While I did ruin quite a few awesome shots doing that (live and learn), I do have some epic shots coming down the pipes.

I'll see if I can get out some candid shots on the site.

A taste of the epic yet to come. (Unfinished version of said pic!)

4034233768_dc07c07730.jpg

Ok, here we go:

The Artmore Day 1

09PP10Artmore2.jpg

09PP10ArtCourt24.jpg

09PP10ArtCourt21.jpg

09PP10ArtCourt19.jpg

09PP10ArtCourt15.jpg

Great hair!
09PP10ArtCourt17.jpg

09PP10ArtCourt13.jpg

Everyone enjoys a good belly rub.
09PP10ArtCourt9.jpg

HORNS UP!!
09PP10ArtCourt5.jpg

09PP10ArtCourt7.jpg

09PP10ArtCourt6.jpg

These guys are ready to go!
09PP10ArtCourt4.jpg

09PP10ArtCourt10.jpg

The girls are back in town!
09PP10ArtCourt14.jpg

MANY more to come!

The lens I gave him to work with was the "Nifty Fifty" - 50mm f/1.8 - costs ~$100. Nikon has an equivalent too.

I was using a 24-70mm F/2.8L Series (which is the pro series from Canon, not sure what the Nikon Equiv is.)

Oh, and both he and I use "starter" DSLRs. ;)

The lens I gave him to work with was the "Nifty Fifty" - 50mm f/1.8 - costs ~$100. Nikon has an equivalent too.

I was using a 24-70mm F/2.8L Series (which is the pro series from Canon, not sure what the Nikon Equiv is.)

I was just gonna ask you about that lens again since I'm going to get one real soon! :)

As for camera - I have a (now discontinued) Canon Rebel XTi. The new model is the Rebel XSi. Pretty much the same camera - an entry level DSLR. Nailz has a similar Canon and works pretty much the same (which is nice cuz he taught me a few of the advanced features of the camera, lent me a lens, borrowed one of his batteries...)

I just feel like such a newbie with this camera. :p I'm really anxious for some shows to be able to experiment with different settings and such. I only hope I can walk away with as nice of shots that you guys are getting.

Right now all I have is a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm. Is there a need for a 50mm with the 18-55mm lens? I see that it is a much smaller lens and it's defiantly affordable.

I did google your 24-70mm and I'll have to save up for something like that. ;)