ProgPower USA XIV Photo Thread

Where do we find these in HD? On facebook, it scales the balls out of the pictures so trying to use them as like a background or something sucks.
I'm specifically looking for the one shot of Glenn giving an announcement from the sound booth looking down on the floor.

Facebook degrades the quality to about 60% of the actual quality. It's a huge downside of the whole thing. Though some have pointed out to me that they didn't even notice, but I always do and it drives me crazy.

I got the PPUSA flu this time around, so I haven't looked at much of what I shot yet at all. However, I remembered shooting this and thought it should be posted.
IMG_1565.jpg

Damn, those pictures are awesome. I finally got around to offloading my pictures and here are few of Damnation Angels that I managed to squeeze out of my now 10 year-old Canon PowerShot G3. May have to get a new camera for my birthday. :eek:

IMG_6535Small_zps64a580b7.jpg

IMG_6532Small_zpsa9732388.jpg

IMG_6531Small_zps174e1439.jpg

Where do we find these in HD? On facebook, it scales the balls out of the pictures so trying to use them as like a background or something sucks.
I'm specifically looking for the one shot of Glenn giving an announcement from the sound booth looking down on the floor.

The official photographers will be feeding the social media beast initially while the buzz and interest are peaking. Larger galleries with higher-quality JPGs will be published eventually at each photographer's web site (Stephen's; Allen's.)

However, none of us routinely publish high-resolution images, due to widespread image theft and to prevent financial exploitation of the festival, artist, and the photographer (posters and prints for sale on eBay etc).

That said, I'll make a wallpaper-sized version available of the image you asked about; stay tuned.

However, none of us routinely publish high-resolution images, due to widespread image theft and to prevent financial exploitation of the festival, artist, and the photographer (posters and prints for sale on eBay etc).

I'm on it.

~Jen

I'm on it.

~Jen

Not that it's not appreciated, but at some point you can't even bother. My shots have ended up in galleries, for sale, on last.fm, on covers of fucking magazines in latin american countries for fucks sake. I tried to be image batman, but at some point, you just have to roll your eyes and admit that if you put it out there someone is going to steal it, which is why, like Esa said, we don't push HQ photos out, hardly ever.

I've been legit comp'd a few times, but mostly I'll do an image search and my shit will be everywhere.

This was my favorite 'theft'.

Esa, check the PM's on the PPUSA facebook page. :)

~Jen

Fortunately, my photos aren't worth stealing. Here's one to start - I haven't finished going through the rest.

(edit: with regard to a post on Cheers N Jeers about flash and manual settings, it really does make a difference. I was lazy on Thursday and put it on Automatic, and they look SO much worse with a much higher rate of blur than when I spent five minutes fiddling with the settings like I did on Friday and Saturday. There's obviously no way I'm going to get something even remotely close to what the guys with professional equipment take, but this isn't bad for a $200 point and shoot with a bigger lens and basic manual options)

1187094_10151602957286338_1435863928_n.jpg