Now playing + Comment above

I fell for it only for a few seconds though after getting suspicious with the length ;)
Recognized it after some moments as I listened quite some times to the latest Evocation Album.
Just thought I'd share this with you ;)
(only because it is a nice song :lol:)

Ha! When I first found it on youtube I listened to the whole thing. I was so confused. I thought maybe it was just half of the song. I kept listening waiting to hear the phrase "Under Siege" anywhere. And I never did...:dopey:

Ha! When I first found it on youtube I listened to the whole thing. I was so confused. I thought maybe it was just half of the song. I kept listening waiting to hear the phrase "Under Siege" anywhere. And I never did...:dopey:

At least you got hear a decent song and even with Johan in some parts :D

I didn't even know how long "Under Siege" is.:oops: So....
To be honest, I was slightly disappointed from this "Under Siege". Sure, it's a nice song, but I expected something different. Well, I've read the comments then....

Really digging this folk/pagan metal band Nothgard, reminds me of early Ensiferum with some Finntroll for good measure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr9T25kRJ6c&list=FLC9VylT_UyIKBbXnAe3aA1g&index=2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXi3Dv8kOZ8[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXi3Dv8kOZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXi3Dv8kOZ8[/ame]

We have a new Amon Amarth album now :), sure, but besides can't get rid of this song and the folk element in it:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Brisanti - Primordial is great. Looking forward to his side project Twilight of the Gods to finally release an album.

Well, 2013 has certainly been a great year for metal, especially the viking/pagan side of things. Sorry to go a little off topic here but I want to get everyone pumped for what is still to come this year! We have already seen releases from Ensiferum, Thyrfing, Summoning, Amon Amarth and Manegarm to name just a few. Coming up we still have albums from Thrudvanger, Turisas, Tyr, Satyricon (different genre, I know, but still one of my favorites!) and an EP from Equilibrium (which includes a cover of the Skyrim theme!)!

But, most of all, possibly a release from a band that I believe can take over the reins from Amon Amarth one day. I had hoped a band would come along one day that could hold a candle to the mighty AA but I didn't know if it were possible. This band's first two albums eclipse, in my opinion, the first two AA albums. One of the problems right now, and no offense to the band or the label, but these guys need to be picked up by a much bigger label, preferably Metal Blade. Info on them is hard to gather over here in the US so I ask all my friends in Europe to support these guys and get them some more exposure. All hail Heathen Foray.

But, most of all, possibly a release from a band that I believe can take over the reins from Amon Amarth one day. I had hoped a band would come along one day that could hold a candle to the mighty AA but I didn't know if it were possible. This band's first two albums eclipse, in my opinion, the first two AA albums. One of the problems right now, and no offense to the band or the label, but these guys need to be picked up by a much bigger label, preferably Metal Blade. Info on them is hard to gather over here in the US so I ask all my friends in Europe to support these guys and get them some more exposure. All hail Heathen Foray.

One should send Heathen Foray this ardent encouragement!:)

Can't say this often but here is an American band with potential upside in the Melo Death Viking/Pagan genre thingy. Tremolo picking and everything! Kingsblood :kickass:

Yes, quite cool music, @ thornh. Only the voice sounds a little bit too... don't know how to say, maybe for my taste too "microphone".

@ PowerBlade
Actually you should have commented Heathen Foray! :zzz:
Because I'm wondering:
NP

Just can't wait for some of my other favorite bands' releases this year and some new stuff too!

26.07.13 - Ereb Altor
26.07.13 - Thrudvangar
16.08.13 - Equilibrium EP
16.08.13 - Fleshgod Apocalypse
23.08.13 - Turisas
09.09.13 - Satyricon
27.09.13 - Twilight of the Gods (guys from Primordial, Einherjer, etc.)
TBD - Tyr
TBD - Vinterblot
TBD - Heathen Foray - the album name is Inner Force and they are supposedly in negotiations with several labels. I actually e-mailed Metal Blade and told them to do whatever they needed to do to sign this band!

And, next year...

Wintersun and VADER!!!

My second favorite band. Now also a Metal Blade band with Amon Amarth and Ensiferum. AA has always had great album artwork but these guys still have the best!

Týr - Valkyrja - Blood of Heroes

My favorite Týr song. The Edge from Eric the Red