Now Playing (The Infamous Topic Returns)

Star One - Cassandra Complex

If you can believe it, I was completely caught by surprise that Arjen put out another Star One album. When I found out (yesterday!) that it came out last week, I had to get it right away. It's another pure awesome round of homages to science fiction movies. This time, mostly comparatively modern ones (hence the title, Victims of the Modern Age).

Stratovarius - Infernal Maze

...released Nov 26 on the EP "Darkest Hours", promoting the upcoming CD "Elysium" due out Jan 12. 2011

I know that you can't wait!

"Elysium" will be released in the US and Canada on Jan 18. 2011 by Armoury Records, only less than a week later than we will get it.

Strato are going on tour to promote the new CD after they done with the huge European tour together with Helloween which will keep them busy until February. Maybe they'll hit the USA again next fall - keep your fingers crossed!

Oh yes, now listening to Xmas "carols" by Tarja on Youtube. She is currently touring Finland with two completely different programs and two musician groups playing both church- and rock concerts.

Tori Amos - Liquid Diamonds

It's from my all time favourite album, From the Choirgirl Hotel. When I first heard it is was almost an instant favourite, because of the music which is so dark and it has this underwater feeling, dramatic and tender at the same time, but also because I was so fascinated by the concept of "liquid diamonds" itself.

I really love this song, and it's almost making me cry now, even though I've been listening to it for ten years. It's a masterpiece, and this album is so awfully underrated and unknown to many.

I guess I'm an underwater thing
so I guess I can't take it personally
I guess I'm an underwater thing
I'm liquid running

There's a sea secret in me
it's plain to see it is rising
but I must be flowing liquid diamonds

Battle Beast - Armageddon Clan

...from the debut album "Steel" (2011)

Battle Beast are a new female fronted "modern 80's style" heavy metal band from Finland with an attitude. And their leading lady Nitte Valo is really outstanding in this genre...!

Also, BB will be touring next spring in Europe as opener for Nightwish, so all you attending the Nw concerts will have a chance to see them live.

Rest Calm - Nightwish

How typical. :p But I really like this one, actually, even though it definitely could've been shortened. I love the chorus, it's so catchy and it IS calming.