Now Playing

That is one of my favourite Metallica songs! Much better than the original in my opinion.

Your not wrong there mate!! Its a quality song and a far superior cover of the original..

heres the video for the original

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually prefer the BOC Imaginos version, although that's a reworking of an older piece itself... Also on Imaginos, Blue Oyster Cult was a reworking of an old track called Subhuman. To add to the mayhem around this album, it was originally a solo album for one of the members of BOC, it just turned into an ensemble piece.

Now playing: Jon Oliva's Pain - Tage Mahal

Klingonbear

I actually prefer the BOC Imaginos version, although that's a reworking of an older piece itself... Klingonbear

So the BOC version isn't the original then? So who did the the original? BOC's version is good, but for me, Metallica's version blows it out of the water.

Valanx - Thanks for posting the video mate. Good to see the 'Don't Fear The Reaper' video as well. That is one of the best songs OF ALL TIME!!!!! :headbang:

So the BOC version isn't the original then? So who did the the original? BOC's version is good, but for me, Metallica's version blows it out of the water.

Valanx - Thanks for posting the video mate. Good to see the 'Don't Fear The Reaper' video as well. That is one of the best songs OF ALL TIME!!!!! :headbang:

Actually playing the Metallica version again right now, there has been a kind of Metallica revival in our family recently lol, my sister finally gave up on eminem and all that other shit to come back home to the good stuff!!....She once again claims to be married to james hetfield, something i have not heard her say since she was 15 or so :lol:

and yeah reaper is an amazing song! 'tallica should have a go at that as well lol

Actually playing the Metallica version again right now, there has been a kind of Metallica revival in our family recently lol, my sister finally gave up on eminem and all that other shit to come back home to the good stuff!!....She once again claims to be married to james hetfield, something i have not heard her say since she was 15 or so :lol:

and yeah reaper is an amazing song! 'tallica should have a go at that as well lol

It's good that your sister has come back to the dark side! :lol:

Hmmmm not sure about Metallica having a bash at the 'Reaper', some songs are best left well alone!

It's good that your sister has come back to the dark side! :lol:

Hmmmm not sure about Metallica having a bash at the 'Reaper', some songs are best left well alone!

Someone should of told HIM that !!!! To be fair though mate they did a really good cover of that song, female vocals and everything in it, sounds really nice!

Yeah great about my sister, i dont have to disown her anymore :lol:

np. RATM - Bullet in teh head

Yeah I've heard that HIM did a cover of it, although I haven't actually heard it. I'll see if I can download it from somewhere.

Its on the album 'greatest love songs vol 666' if thats any help, tried to email the song to you but it was 14mb and yahoo only lets you upload 10