Now the real progpower decision to be made...

Rob Rock and Iron Savior will see me heading down towards the Grenada to that little cafe that had the MOST AMAZING FOOD EVER OMG!!!

Stock up on Cheesecake Factory, ESPN Zone, or Ted's Montana grill and I do OK during the fest. I still get pretty hungry, and with this year being longer, I may be bringing some energy bars. I did that at Wacken when I camped out for Blind Guardian at the rail all day. My feet and back didn't talk to me for a week after that.

I couldn't agree more Claus! Alternating between the beer and jack helps to keep from getting too loose, all while keeping a good balance of carbs with your buzz :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Ehhmmm ... except ... I'm not talking about alternating. Last PP we decided to mix it in one drink. It is PERFECT. Cheap-ass american beer mixed with what you yankees call whiskey ... hehe :)

c.

There is a great Italian place that is open until 10 on Fridays right to the left of Subway Restaurant. Its up the hill on your way to the Residence. I have gone there every Friday night for the last three years. Its small, quaint, family owned and have THE BEST lasagna and garlic bread. The owner even came over to our table and gave us a couple of slices of complimentary pizza. I wish they were open on Saturdays.

And although I don't stay close to the venue. The hotel I stay at has a restaurant with pretty high priced items (that sucks) (filet mignon etc). BUT is close to Hooters, Hard Rock Cafe, and a 24 hour diner(which I only learned about last week). I will live at that diner come September.

American Beer isn't all that bad. Its certainly not water. I've tasted far lighter/tasteless european beers. And 'American Beer' is often used to mean Budweiser/Miller. But there are many great American microbreweries out there.

Ehhmmm ... except ... I'm not talking about alternating. Last PP we decided to mix it in one drink. It is PERFECT. Cheap-ass american beer mixed with what you yankees call whiskey ... hehe :)

c.

Well now, that's an interesting possibility. Except I'd rather use European beer than cheap american beer, or a good american mircro-brew. Best thing going at Earthlink bars for beer is Newcastle if I'm not mistaken, guess I'll have to give that a try this year. Besides, putting both drinks in one cup, frees up one hand for raising the horns \m/ :headbang: :kickass:

As long as I eat a good dinner before and stay pissed enough after that with plenty o beer I don't need food until I get back to the room....

How to survive 6 bands on each night? I'm not talking about drinking expeditions. (Though for some this will be important too). I'm talking about how to have enough food in me to last. This of course leads to (unless you are willing to sacrifice your health to the bar food), which band to skip to get food.

I bought fixings last year for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches...brought one into the venue every night and didn't miss ANY bands. :)

Unfortunately, I found out recently that I need to go gluten-free, so I will be looking for a Plan B for this year... :cry:

Unfortunately, I found out recently that I need to go gluten-free, so I will be looking for a Plan B for this year... :cry:

Sorry to hear that! :cry:

I know people who have a condition called "celiac disease" and they have to be on a gluten free diet. Its not easy from what I hear, since there are so many things made from wheat (most breads, etc.).

Good luck!!!!!

Sorry to hear that! :cry:

I know people who have a condition called "celiac disease" and they have to be on a gluten free diet. Its not easy from what I hear, since there are so many things made from wheat (most breads, etc.).

Good luck!!!!!

Thanks! You also have to watch stuff you wouldn't expect...like imitation crab meat and soy/teriyaki sauce.

The good news is that my issue is an allergy instead of celiac disease...celiacs have to be MUCH more vigilant to ensure they don't get even a speck of gluten by accident.

And now back on topic...the Larabars that were previously mentioned are gluten-free...I've also discovered a new gluten-free bar called KIND (new to me, anyway). All of the energy bars mentioned are good choices for a quick fix in between bands. Small baggies of nuts work as well.

c.

Claus, I have got an american beer for you to try, in fact it is a micro brew from a small brewery about 70 miles from here, and man is it good. It is not the same old watered down American beer your used to, It's called Roswell Alien Ale and is only sold in NM, and it's about 9% alcohol and dark. I will bring you some for the wedding.:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass: