Glenn would it be possible to...

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Probalby not due to venue rules, would it be possible to have a 'food service' company at the venue besides the bar food. They could probably occupy some area. I know its packed in in the vendor area and upstairs where bands can sell their merch. But maybe something. The food service people could probably make a killing if they had some decent food available.

Maybe we should just call a gyro cart dude.

Or maybe its a question better made to the venue who could hire it and take a cut of the profits...

This is also a concern of mine with Center Stage. I'd be happy if the bar kept serving food for longer hours (maybe 10 PM or so).

Glenn - Do you have a phone number for Chad? Or should I just call Center Stage if I wish to speak with him?

I just wish CS was within walking distance of a McDonalds or something like that. Subway is good, but it closes early on Saturday afternoon.

I've always thought that if someone would set up a hot dog cart or something similar outside, they'd make enough money that weekend to not have to work the rest of the year.

I don't mind the food at the venue, and the service has gotten better over the years, but it would be cool if there was something "fast" nearby...

dt

I always just walk up to the subway near the venue...Its barely a 5 minute walk if that. I just wish I could understand the guy behind the counter better sometimes. :erk:

This is going to be more of a problem this year, since there are more bands and a lot more people will be staying further away. I was always able to run back to Residence or Grenada in between sets and grab some food. With the price gouging at the Residence and the remodeling of Grenada, food near Center Stage is a important.

Cheiron, see if you get a response. I bet we could get a bunch of people to sign something or send him email filling him in.

Steve in Philly