where would you like to see the fest?

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
I think the Bottom Lounge if do-able would be a great place for it. First that it is open early and they have a great menu of food and drinks. Plus two different rooms so if you wanted to go all out you could do like the last one and have one smaller room and one main stage. It is easy to get to for city folks and easy parking for the suburban folks. The only downside is lack of hotels in the area.

Reggies could work with having the two rooms and food as well and there is actually hotels in the area too.

anyone else have any suggestions?

I really would hate it to be at Reggies. I think maybe for the first one, Bottom Lounge would be good to build it back up. The problem there is I think there is only an 800-person limit. So, if it gets successful again, maybe then move it to the Metro or even HOB.

Austin's Saloon - Libertyville
Durty Nellies - Palatine

They're both great clubs with excellent music rooms. I'm not sure how it would work, since there are pubs/restaurants attached, but it may be possible to rent the entire building and give attendees a place to escape the music and eat as well.

For selfish reasons, these two venues are the easiest for me to get to. :D

Bottom Lounge???? Eh, I doubt it. Just doesn't really have the festival feel.

Yeah, I could totally see Reggie's.

The Brauerhouse in Lombard seems to be making a name for itself, or should be soon.

Durtie Nellie's is awesome, though I could not see that venue giving up a Friday or Saturday for something like this.

Bottom Lounge???? Eh, I doubt it. Just doesn't really have the festival feel.

Yeah, I could totally see Reggie's.

The Brauerhouse in Lombard seems to be making a name for itself, or should be soon.

Durtie Nellie's is awesome, though I could not see that venue giving up a Friday or Saturday for something like this.

what is a fest feel?

That's a good question.
Hard to explain it, but I don't really see Bottom Lounge being a venue for a fest.
As I said, hard to explain.

Reggie's I can see.

Pearl Room was always 50/50 for me. I think I eventually got used to it.
I really liked in 2009 when they used Capones for the acoustic stuff.

Bottom Lounge or Reggies would be pretty decent. I'd rather see the fest in the city than in one of the burbs. I also like that each venue has bar areas where you can escape too when you want to sit back, chat, and relax a bit.

Britt

hahhahahaahah really? That place has terrible sound and holds like 80 people. It is cool for super small bands but for an all day thing.....plus it is a hipster hangout.

The place holds a lot more than 80 people.......

You guys really need to read Chris' sticky above.

Their first fest back will most likely be low key.

Furthermore, when has Powerfest ever been an all day thing?

The place holds a lot more than 80 people.......

You guys really need to read Chris' sticky above.

Their first fest back will most likely be low key.

Furthermore, when has Powerfest ever been an all day thing?

it doesn hold more than 80 people.....remember how small it is???

Never said it had to be an all day thing but Cobra Lounge isnt the place for it. It is more of a bar with a stage. That would be like saying have it at Red Line Tap....it just wouldnt work. Imagine people flying in and walking into that dank room at Cobra....going what the f????

Well, it ain't glitz and glamour.
I guess it depended on the lineup.

I was also thinking cost, as given most shows there are free, there might not be any rental fee for the promoters.

The front bar area though holds a nice amount, plus room for merch.

Just an option..............

I believe we've discussed the pros and cons of the Fest being in the city before. ie: the costs, parking, traffic, transportation, hotel proximity, etc etc.
I avoid the city if at all possible, but that is a personal preference.
Durty Nellies was mentioned, which I think is a great venue and has the Metra right outside the door. I think the closest hotel is a little over a mile away, they have that parking deck, plenty of restaurants within walking distance, good beer, good food, good sound, lots of space, nice stage, etc etc. But yeah, I'd hate for a cover band to have to give up a prospective date to play here, so a Metal Fest could take place. ;)

I say we just have the fest at Lotesto's house.

I agree....As much as I hated Pearl Room the layout was great for the fest. The last year with Capones worked out well.

I would have to completely agree with you here. I think this is the problem in terms of finding a new venue. The layout for the fest was perfect, and it was able to hold a good amount of people.

Well, it ain't glitz and glamour.
I guess it depended on the lineup.

I was also thinking cost, as given most shows there are free, there might not be any rental fee for the promoters.

The front bar area though holds a nice amount, plus room for merch.

Just an option..............

they got a show licence now so they charge for shows.

I believe we've discussed the pros and cons of the Fest being in the city before. ie: the costs, parking, traffic, transportation, hotel proximity, etc etc.
I avoid the city if at all possible, but that is a personal preference.
Durty Nellies was mentioned, which I think is a great venue and has the Metra right outside the door. I think the closest hotel is a little over a mile away, they have that parking deck, plenty of restaurants within walking distance, good beer, good food, good sound, lots of space, nice stage, etc etc. But yeah, I'd hate for a cover band to have to give up a prospective date to play here, so a Metal Fest could take place. ;)

I say we just have the fest at Lotesto's house.

I have heard great things about that place. I would be happy if it was there as well.

Has anyone been to Viper Alley in Lincolnshire? There's a hotel in the same complex. Though I have a feeling that Viper Alley would be too upscale to let a ton of metalheads take up residence for 2-3 days though.

There's also Cubby Bear North across the street, but that's pretty much a glorified sports bar with a tiny stage.

At least those two have access to nearby hotels.

I hope to make it to Viper Alley for URIAH HEEP in August.
Yeah, from their site, I REALLY doubt they would rent it out for Powerfest.

I didn't know it was near Cubby Bear.

Durty Nellie's is great!!!! Uriah Heep last year there was one of the best shows I have gone to ever.