who would you like to see at 2014???

As long as Running Wild still sounds good I'd be interested. I hate to hear stuff like new Immortal when they try and play old songs. It's a fucking joke.

Personally, I would go fucking apeshit (pun not intended) for Slough Feg. I've grown mildly obsessed with over the past year. I can't stop listening to Down Among the Dead Men and Traveller.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see Slough Feg again. RW would be out of this world, I just wouldn't expect an amazing performance.

I also think it depends on what someone's definition of an "amazing" performance it.

I mean, I think it comes down to also how much of a fan you are of a certain band. Meaning, sometimes people claim a band was amazing, but their fanboyism really takes over.

I have seen Slough Feg twice and both times were stellar performances.

I agree Bob - They have played chicago alot, but its been what, over 2 years since they have been here? Also, they usually play fairly lackluster gigs, unless it is part of Alehorn.

Comment on the Slough Feg: Skelator wants to do a tour with them. It was in talks for 2013 just so they could make it to the fest. I couldn't give them enough just for it to get going. If anyone wants to help, I can try it again. Bob will keep me updated if anyone is interested.....I mean serious interest. Pat was the only one last year.

I also think it depends on what someone's definition of an "amazing" performance it.

I mean, I think it comes down to also how much of a fan you are of a certain band. Meaning, sometimes people claim a band was amazing, but their fanboyism really takes over.

True enough. I like all RW up to and including Victory, I just haven't seen recent(as in pre-2009) videos that sound all that great. A buddy of mine saw them in 2003(?) and said they sounded like a hard rock band live, even playing older stuff. Regardless, i would be as excited as any RW fanboy would be if they ended up playing.

possible headliners...all need backing....

Tankard
Tygers of Pan Tang
Laaz Rockit
Running Wild

plus maybe even Satan since everyone is asking for them....
First let me say that being able to come to this fest is a huge deal for me. The burden on my wallet (over $600 including tix, flight, and hotel) is nothing compared to that of taking time off from family and work commitments.

That said, if either Running Wild or Satan headlined I would buy tickets NOW! Would definitely put money towards either as well, but not sure how much given what I'd already be spending to get there. Tygers would be awesome to see too, but are not a make or break band for me (don't care about the other 2).

First let me say that being able to come to this fest is a huge deal for me. The burden on my wallet (over $600 including tix, flight, and hotel) is nothing compared to that of taking time off from family and work commitments.

That said, if either Running Wild or Satan headlined I would buy tickets NOW! Would definitely put money towards either as well, but not sure how much given what I'd already be spending to get there. Tygers would be awesome to see too, but are not a make or break band for me (don't care about the other 2).

cool....also...these are not confirmd acts...just bands that are in the running and currently being talked to.

Comment on the Slough Feg: Skelator wants to do a tour with them. It was in talks for 2013 just so they could make it to the fest. I couldn't give them enough just for it to get going. If anyone wants to help, I can try it again. Bob will keep me updated if anyone is interested.....I mean serious interest. Pat was the only one last year.

I am interested again for 2014. Would be great to get Skelator as well!

cool....also...these are not confirmd acts...just bands that are in the running and currently being talked to.
Was checking the comments on that facebook post and saw you mentioned Demon. Can't believe I forgot about them! I'd actually rather see them than any of the other bands mentioned. And a Satan/Demon double bill would be a dream come true!