Who would you like to see at the Showcase this year

I agree, and my post suggested bands for the first two points. As for the third point... I don't usually care for the big-name bands that everyone drools over on this board, so I left it out. Whatever makes the masses happy is fine by me.

That's true. While they weren't really my thing, I can't deny that DSO definately got a positve response last year. And it's always good to have a band in the lineup that pleases the masses to sell tickets.

the Showcase has always done three things, 1) invited back a band that kicked our ass the previous year or so, 2) Showcased some of the best unsigned (by the bigger lables) bands and 3) had a big name or two.

So would something like this fit that bill?

Cain's Offering
Cage or S.U.E.
Sun Caged
Borealis

I would be for seeing The Devin Townsend Band :)

I think the safest bet is to book some act that doesn't require a VISA (insert rim shot here).

CMon - they're legends, hardly ever play over here, have a huge catalog of material :) Warrel Dane would be a good one too. Diamond Head (if they can get the original singer back for the show).

Saxon, to me would seem more like a festival headliner, not so much a showcase headliner (not to doubt your power Shane)

I cant believe this has gone for two pages with no mention of Dream Evil. Shane get Dream Evil and u will witness guaranteed the most crowd participation in a PP performance possibly ever, so many good sing-a-longs!!!

DREAM EVIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would rock to see Dream Evil. I did not mention them cause it has been awhile since I have listened to them. But it would be cool to see them.

(Ok someone had to start a thread like this)

I am pretty sure that Shane already knows (and has/is talking to) who he is trying to book, but who would you like to see?

Myself I would love to see Sun Caged and/or Venturia (Great Band, Check them out)

Who would you like to see? I will post a longer list when the Vikings and Saints are not playing

I don't really care, as long as it's a prog-heavy lineup. There's already more than enough power metal in the other nights, IMNSHO.

If Narnia, DSO and Vanden Plas did the showcase I'd pretty much :kickass:

I would absolutely LOVE Pathosray to do the Showcase this year but I'm not holding my breath (how I'd LOVE to be wrong)

Astral Doors
Bloodbound
Bonfire
Europe
Evidence One
Godiva
Lion's Share
Morgana Lefay
Pretty Maids

JEFF SCOTT SOTO

As said, Saxon is too expensive for this. If they are to come, they should come as a festival headliner.

After the BTBAM show with Devin in Chicago the other night, I heard someone who met up with him saying he'll do some headline tour at some point. Lately it seems the showcase has bands that are on a tour of their own, so I think he fits the bill -- not to mention I'd LOVE to see him do a headline set. Along those lines, realistically I think it would be someone on tour around that time. I don't know who that might be though.

As for secondary bands, I am unsure but would be willing to bet that either they will be the support of said headliner or they will be a US band. Possibly Cage?

Despite that though, I would love to see Mob Rules, Dream Evil, Edgend, Myrath or Anubis Gate would all be good for me.