bands you want to see for 2013

Fair point. I've only heard Sing the Sorrow, and it didn't do much for me. I have heard Bad Religion's Suffer though, and I can't imagine AFI beating that.

I haven't heard BR aside from a few tracks here and there. Never paid much attention. Guess I should check it out then!

AFI was a VERY different band prior to StS. I think StS is a great record in its own right, but it's a completely different sound. Their first two albums are pretty good, both sound pretty similar to each other, but the 3rd is where they really took off. 3 - 5 each have a unique sound so if you ever get around to it, they're all worth looking into!

I haven't heard BR aside from a few tracks here and there. Never paid much attention. Guess I should check it out then!

AFI was a VERY different band prior to StS. I think StS is a great record in its own right, but it's a completely different sound. Their first two albums are pretty good, both sound pretty similar to each other, but the 3rd is where they really took off. 3 - 5 each have a unique sound so if you ever get around to it, they're all worth looking into!

I'll give them a listen. Do the same with some old Bad Religion. If you're into punk at all they're pretty much mandatory.

You MUST check out Bad Religion..............

Most of the 90s sucked hard for punk aside from some Screeching Weasel influenced pop punk.
I guess folks into crust punk might disagree.
As for the 90s punk, standouts for me aside from pop punk would be LOS CRUDOS, AVAIL, OXYMORON, DOOM (UK), etc.

I'm almost insulted that Jasonic thinks that I, a diehard Metal and AFI fan, have never listened to Misfits!

Oh, I know you have most likely listened to the 'Fits.
I am just saying that AFI are essentially 7 SECONDS combined with the MISFITS, but nowhere near as good as the originals.

To be honest, I grew up on punk that sounded best on analog.....

AFI is punk for the digital age.....

Most of the NITRO, FAT, etc, etc, stuff is too overproduced and slick for me..

old Bad Religion is classic stuff. I remember bumping into Jason at Bad Religion / All / SHelter / Quicksand at the Vic Theater.

Yep indeed.
I believe we met up the next day at the record convention at Hillside too.

I think I still have the Shelter debut 7" I purchased at that show.

No one does the hardcore karate kicks better than Ray Cappo!

How about Attacker?
They just finished recording a new one with Bobby "Leather Lungs" Lucas on vox.
You might know him from Overlorde, or the first two Seven Witches discs (Which I am a huge fan of).

Anyhow, if you get them, maybe you could get Overlorde (The Mark Edwards one from NJ), who Lucas fronts.

Then you can also get Overlorde SR.

You can have a battle of the bands between the two for the legal rights to use OVERLORDE!!!

It will be metal history in the making!!!!

I was lucky enough to see Anacrusis live on two occasions.
Once was opening for VoiVod (ironically) and the second time opening for DRI.

Needless to say the 14 year old Jasonic did not appreciate what he was seeing and hearing.