bands you want to see for 2013

Nope,
It was Chicago Powerfest.
I will say they are good at what they do.
It's kind of like when I hear a band like YAKUZA or MR BUNGLE.
Just don't know why a group of metalheads would get together and want to make music like that. To each their own........

yeah Atheist were not my thing. I didnt get it either. They didnt draw as well as people think either.

yeah Atheist were not my thing. I didnt get it either. They didnt draw as well as people think either.

LOL.....
That logic will sink the fest quicker than the Titanic......

Though I didn't care for them at all, Athiest was a great booking for the fest.
It certainly brought out people who otherwise would not have come.
Booking a band, even a headliner, doesn't mean they are being booked to solely sell out the place. It's in context of the lineup as a whole.

It was a perfect complement to having LETHAL the day before, and MARTYR on the same day. No doubt that having those three drew the attention of some.

Though, since it is in the city, I am sure it's going to sell out even if BONES headline anyways, so you shouldn't be concerned about who draws and who doesn't anyhow........... :lol:

I thought Atheist were great at Chicago Powerfest. I don't think I need to see them again, though. They're definitely not necessary for Ragnarokkr since they're touring again.

And are Voivod really that underrated? They seem pretty well respected to me.

I don't know man....
Yeah, certainly respected in the true underground community....

Though to the masses, they never seem to be held in the same regard as Venom, Frost, Kreator, Sodom, Nuc Assault, Helloween, etc, etc...

Sure, they get more respect than Running Wild and Grave Digger, but still not at the level of respect as an Overkill (for example)

Unlike many bands that went away in the 90s, these guys used metal's "dark period" (IE - the rise of 2nd wave BM and florida DM) to experiment even further....

I do believe a lot of younger fans have started taking note.
When their tour with Fear Factory got canceled, most comments were centerted around disappointment of not seeing them.

LOL.....
That logic will sink the fest quicker than the Titanic......

Though I didn't care for them at all, Athiest was a great booking for the fest.
It certainly brought out people who otherwise would not have come.
Booking a band, even a headliner, doesn't mean they are being booked to solely sell out the place. It's in context of the lineup as a whole.

It was a perfect complement to having LETHAL the day before, and MARTYR on the same day. No doubt that having those three drew the attention of some.

Though, since it is in the city, I am sure it's going to sell out even if BONES headline anyways, so you shouldn't be concerned about who draws and who doesn't anyhow........... :lol:

Bones atually draws dummy...oh yeah...you never go to shows so you wouldnt know that dummy.

Also I think you forgot how empty that Powerfest was.

Did you leave your brain somewhere today or is someone else posting under your name....you are on a roll of stupidity today.

Give me a break. What do you consider a draw?
As Jeremy said, for these types of bands, it is the collaborative that draws, not just one band.
You really think if BONES were booked, 100 people who wouldn't otherwise have come would come?

No, it's the collection of bands that help draw people.....

Give me a break. What do you consider a draw?
As Jeremy said, for these types of bands, it is the collaborative that draws, not just one band.
You really think if BONES were booked, 100 people who wouldn't otherwise have come would come?

No, it's the collection of bands that help draw people.....

I know that dummy. We have discussed it 100 times. You should go on the TV show..."Are you Smarter than a 3rd grader".

I know that dummy. We have discussed it 100 times. You should go on the TV show..."Are you Smarter than a 3rd grader".

You keep saying you know...yet you keep swearing that all these new school bands who you think you discovered first will draw in the hundreds....
They will draw in combination with bands of similar drawing power who will help bring in the fence sitters....

My daughter is entering 3rd Grade this year....
I will let you know around May 2013, ok?

You keep saying you know...yet you keep swearing that all these new school bands who you think you discovered first will draw in the hundreds....
They will draw in combination with bands of similar drawing power who will help bring in the fence sitters....

My daughter is entering 3rd Grade this year....
I will let you know around May 2013, ok?

the new school bands are what draws now since the older crowds dont come out to shows anymore. This is why the thrash shows always draw better and death metal as well. You can combo all you want....you never know but getting the younger bands is key because they are the ones that draw.

Look at last year...to classic bands that have been around for a long time....no one came out for them and the ones who were there left during their sets or stood outside.

Plus the younger bands are cheaper.

Well, there is a difference between a young thrash or death metal band, as opposed to a young traditional metal band.......

The thrash and dm ones tour a TON, which is why bands like Muni Waste and Warbringer draw very well.....

I agree though that the festival is lacking a younger audience.
I am not sure though that the younger trad metal bands are going to bring it.

Might have to consider expanding the scope, which might be in the cards already....

here are some bands I think that would be great to see for 2013.....

ACID WITCH

THE RODS

SHOK PARIS

OCTOBER 31

RUTHLESS

TENSION

POWERMAD

ABATTOIR

TYRANT'S REIGN

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very happy with SHOK PARIS.
I am only familiar with that exact one album.

Bob - I am extremely shocked you like ACID WITCH.
If you even remotely like that, then you really need to check out ELECTRIC WIZARD, as I think you would dig them.