bands you want to see for 2013

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
okay.....instead of posting fantasy bands that are not going to reform or flying from across the globe to play. What bands around the states do you think who are smaller and up and coming that you would love to maybe see at the fest. Maybe get enough interest to get people to drop some money on.

As the debate is on in the other threads about who and what bands drew....I think it is safe to say that most wanted to see the newer up in coming bands that they would normally not get to see (Voltax) or have a good buzz around them (Borrowed Time).

Lets keep it realisitic. Bands that would draw some interest if mixed with the right headliner and so on.

here is a few who I think would be great. Some of these were also bands I like who people have asked me if they were ever considered. So this isnt just me posting bands I only like ( Jason I am looking at you).

first is Volture from the east coast. A bunch of people asked to get them for the much talked about pre-party show that never happened. I think they would be great to get to play the fest next year.

VOLTURE

I think Midnight Chaser would be another good band. Thier CD is really good and havent played around these parts yet.

MIDNIGHT CHASER

Overlorde (SR) would be great as well. Always good to have a few classic bands mixed with new.

OVERLORDE (SR)

Zuul would be cool. They are a great live act. Plus they have a nice little following locally that is an instant draw. Plus they are from Southern Illinios so there is no flying in people.

ZUUL

Crescent Shield played here only once. Not sure of thier current status but would be another worthy addition.

CRESCENT SHIELD

Skelator showed interest in playing via facebook about the fest. They had a failed tour a few years back and played chicago without much notice. For those who were there said they were great live.

SKELATOR

Last edited by a moderator:
Crescent Shield would have me looking to come back. If Onward is that guy's active band now, same goes for Onward.
Also, Circle II Circle.

All the bands you listed sound good...especially Crescent Shield

Slough Feg - great live, lots of albums. They could be a high slot band.

Forbidden - they are from the states, they tour (so hopefully they have a following). kinda fits the need for a "classic" 80's band but however they are still active and releasing decent albums

Christian Mistress - from the USA, newer band, have a retro sound but also leaning towards classic heavy metal.

3 Inches of Blood - The last couple of albums have been kinda "Truer Metal" albums. Maybe they are the wrong scene but I have a see people with 3IoB shirts each year at the fest. Maybe they could pull people in and expose them to other more underground bands.

Evil Survives - from Canada. toured a few times. Could be a fun band.

Colossus

You know, I guess I confused Volture with Lord Volture (who I don't particularly care for). I like that Volture you posted. They'd be an example of a good power metal band to bring on and would probably have a high energy set.

Midnight Chaser and Crescent Shield sound alright. Nothing fantastic but they would fit.

I've always liked what I've heard of Overlorde SR. I need to seriously invest in some of their stuff.

Skelator is a band I believe Bob posted about on the Progpower forum one time and I really liked what I heard, so they're another one in line iwth Overlorde SR where I need to invest in some of their material. It'd be great to see them.

I like Zuul. I think they're a band that a lot of people in the area know of and would be great addition to the bill. I would love to see them live as I finally got their disc at the fest.

I second adding Widow or Twisted Tower Dire.

I'd love to see Slough Feg as I've never gotten a chance to see them yet.

As for Forbidden, while I think they're a good thrash band, but I don't know about them fitting the fest. Then again, they would bring in more people; however, with that, I also think they'd be more pricey.

I like 3 Inches of Blood, but I do think a lot of people would find them to be untrue and would be turned off by them. I agree that they're touring with the wrong bands.

Christian Mistress would be a good band with some buzz that would look to diversify the lineup.

As for bands I would like to see:

Voivod - They seem to either end up being really low on bills or are on a tour that makes no sense to them. I think they would be a really good headliner if it could be pulled off.

Solitude Aeturnus - They are a band I've always wanted to see. Even with Candlemass' touring schedule being pretty busy the next few years, I could see this happening as it is a one off. They also seem to be mentioned numerous times on various forums of people wanting to see them.

Manilla Road - I know supposedly they come at a cost, but I'd love to see them. I'm slowly becoming quite a fan.

3 Inches of Blood would turn off about 90% of hte people who support this fest.

AS usual people didnt get the post.....

bands like Voivod, Forbidden, Warlord, and Manilla Road are all heavy hitters with a price. this was more about smaller bands who make those fence sitters want to come. I would love to see Voivod headline this one year but I have a feeling thier price would be high. Nuclear Assault as well.

so what other smaller acts wuold people like to see....

I also agree that Widow and Twisted Tower Dire would be good. I also tink Spellcaster would also be great to see.

bands like Voivod, Forbidden, Warlord, and Manilla Road are all heavy hitters with a price. this was more about smaller bands who make those fence sitters want to come. I would love to see Voivod headline this one year but I have a feeling thier price would be high. Nuclear Assault as well.

Yeah I figured Manilla Road would be high. I even said that in my post. Voivod and Warlord I really have no clue what their price would be.

I'd like to see Spellcaster. Also, Sleepy Hollow would be nice.

Sleepy Hollow are pricey as well. They fall into the been around a long time so we deserve lots of money. Just like Halloween from Detroit. Sleepy Hollow played here last year to only about 50 fans. They were good but thier new disc was a huge let down for me.

Okay different list

Acidwitch, Midnight, Sinister Realm, Argus, Destructor, Vatican ( i heard they are reuniting), Shok Paris, Damien, Skullview, Deceased, Dantesco, Cobra (from peru), Nightmare (Columbia), I stick by Baron Rojo, if you can bring Wizard you can bring Baron Rojo!, haha, plus I think Baron Rojo would be a must see for alot of people.

Okay different list

Acidwitch, Midnight, Sinister Realm, Argus, Destructor, Vatican ( i heard they are reuniting), Shok Paris, Damien, Skullview, Deceased, Dantesco, Cobra (from peru), Nightmare (Columbia), I stick by Baron Rojo, if you can bring Wizard you can bring Baron Rojo!, haha, plus I think Baron Rojo would be a must see for alot of people.

that is a killer list. I think Midnight and Acid Witch would draw a bunch that would not normally come.

Sleepy Hollow are pricey as well. They fall into the been around a long time so we deserve lots of money. Just like Halloween from Detroit. Sleepy Hollow played here last year to only about 50 fans. They were good but thier new disc was a huge let down for me.

I never honestly heard of them until a couple of weeks or so ago, so I wouldn't know how big they are. I like what I've heard.

Volture - Im totally down for them. It was one of my most anticipated releases of 2012 and i loved it.

Skelator - Hell yes! These guys have been playing over and over again through my ipod the last 2 months.

High Spirits - uuuhhh they rock

Cauldron - Sure they're in canada but they can drive on down and it wont be too pricey as say flying a band in from Germany

Artizan - God i loved these guy's debut album from 2011, i thought it was killer

Amulance - A local band that would be cool to see them reunite. They did release that EP a few years back and looked like theyd be back but i guess not

Spellcaster - Been with these guys since the beginning to when they got signed, awesome band. Set up a show for them with their tour with Split Heaven but that never happened.

Striker - Another killer canadian band

Split Heaven - im sure just like Voltax, these guys would bring in quite some extra people and they are awesome

Volture - Im totally down for them. It was one of my most anticipated releases of 2012 and i loved it.

Skelator - Hell yes! These guys have been playing over and over again through my ipod the last 2 months.

High Spirits - uuuhhh they rock

Cauldron - Sure they're in canada but they can drive on down and it wont be too pricey as say flying a band in from Germany

Artizan - God i loved these guy's debut album from 2011, i thought it was killer

Amulance - A local band that would be cool to see them reunite. They did release that EP a few years back and looked like theyd be back but i guess not

Spellcaster - Been with these guys since the beginning to when they got signed, awesome band. Set up a show for them with their tour with Split Heaven but that never happened.

Striker - Another killer canadian band

Split Heaven - im sure just like Voltax, these guys would bring in quite some extra people and they are awesome

I have been talking to one of the guys in Amulance for a while...they are not doing live shows at the moment. The members are all busy with real life stuff. May have time eventually. Would love to see them. They played two years ago the same night as Deceased / Superchrist.

Every other band on your list I want to see here as well or have already seen. Was lucky to see High Spirits / Cauldron / Enforcer (sweden) a few years back. that was an amazing show.