who would you like to see at 2014???

Well, Pearl Room, as part of a tour, with bad promotion is a much different situation than as part of a festival for a one off with months of promotion.

I am sorry, but I wholeheartedly disagree with the whole "Well, I saw band X once, and they don't draw....."

Before Ragnarokkr, WinterHawk would not be considered a draw, Ashbury owuld not be considered a draw, Wrath would not be considered a draw, etc, etc......

As part of a festival like this, that has built a really strong following for itself, its a different ballgame.

For the record, I am not saying this just in defending Candlemass (as I know it would take at least 80% sponsorship to afford them)....

If your theories are the law, then all I have to say is Datis may be in trouble in having Meliah Rage and Flots as headliners for Warriors of Metal
(Point being is that you consider the bands as part of a package)

Noctis Festival, Calgary. 6th edition of the fest, thus far CANDLEMASS, GIRLSCHOOL, SACRIFICE (can) and BARBADOS (jap) are booked. Dan Swano confirmed for the Heavy Metal Conference

Website is still under construction, everything is on Facebook now

http://www.noctisvalkyries.com/

This festival is actually really fucking cool, one of the best in Canada, period. Last year they hosted Venom, Manilla Road, Grand Magus and Agalloch, Speedwolf, Blood Ceremony and many others. Most of the international bands play their Canadian debuts at this fest.

Well, Pearl Room, as part of a tour, with bad promotion is a much different situation than as part of a festival for a one off with months of promotion.

I am sorry, but I wholeheartedly disagree with the whole "Well, I saw band X once, and they don't draw....."

Before Ragnarokkr, WinterHawk would not be considered a draw, Ashbury owuld not be considered a draw, Wrath would not be considered a draw, etc, etc......

As part of a festival like this, that has built a really strong following for itself, its a different ballgame.

For the record, I am not saying this just in defending Candlemass (as I know it would take at least 80% sponsorship to afford them)....

If your theories are the law, then all I have to say is Datis may be in trouble in having Meliah Rage and Flots as headliners for Warriors of Metal

all very true....Candlemass would be a big name for a festival and get attention to people. A strong under card would help even more. People forget....a band line up for 1 show will kill a crowd. As a fest people will look at it as a way to check out a band but go for another.

Noctis Festival, Calgary. 6th edition of the fest, thus far CANDLEMASS, GIRLSCHOOL, SACRIFICE (can) and BARBADOS (jap) are booked. Dan Swano confirmed for the Heavy Metal Conference

Website is still under construction, everything is on Facebook now

http://www.noctisvalkyries.com/

This festival is actually really fucking cool, one of the best in Canada, period. Last year they hosted Venom, Manilla Road, Grand Magus and Agalloch, Speedwolf, Blood Ceremony and many others. Most of the international bands play their Canadian debuts at this fest.

what is a metal conferance??? sit around a round table disucussing what is cool to wear? what is false metal?

still a great line up of bands....

Grand magus was a band I suggested for this past year which everyone said they would not be a draw.

I think if it was an exclusive it would definitely be another thing. I don't see Candlemass being the type though to just do one US show. Reason I also say this is just the fact that there are a number of Candlemass fans that only view them as Candlemass with Messiah. I'm not actually bias towards Messiah as Lowe was my fave but it's true.

At the metal conference they have loads of panelists from the metal music community/industry around the world come and discuss different aspects of their careers. Some are musicians, some are label A&R reps, some are fest/concert promoters, some are laywers, photographers, publicists, managers, agents, journalists, blah blah blah you name it. They've had Eric Grief (Manager of DEATH/entertainment laywer) Martin Popoff (BWBK) Cronos (Venom) Mark Shelton (Manilla Road) Martin Atkins (all kinds of shit) Andy Pillar (70K metal cruise) Sam Dunn (Metal documentary dude) The organizers from Maryland Death Fest, guys from Relapse, Profound Lore, Andy Sneap, all kinds of shit. Some of the panels were really informative and interesting and some were just for fun. It's pretty fucking wicked

At the metal conference they have loads of panelists from the metal music community/industry around the world come and discuss different aspects of their careers. Some are musicians, some are label A&R reps, some are fest/concert promoters, some are laywers, photographers, publicists, managers, agents, journalists, blah blah blah you name it. They've had Eric Grief (Manager of DEATH/entertainment laywer) Martin Popoff (BWBK) Cronos (Venom) Mark Shelton (Manilla Road) Martin Atkins (all kinds of shit) Andy Pillar (70K metal cruise) Sam Dunn (Metal documentary dude) The organizers from Maryland Death Fest, guys from Relapse, Profound Lore, Andy Sneap, all kinds of shit. Some of the panels were really informative and interesting and some were just for fun. It's pretty fucking wicked

yeah....depending on how it is being presented if could be cool....honestly I would not want career advice from Manilla Road....if I want to learn how to get bootegged maybe.

I go to many comic cons and there have been good and bad stuff like this...depends on what is being talked about...if you have a guy who wont tell stories or stuff about in the "in's and out's" it isnt worth it. I could imagine it being hilarious or informative.

Trust me, I've been to all three of them and they're very cool. The mark shelton and cronos panels were more like long interviews where theyd take questions from the audience. The rest are more about business. Some of it is basic shit and some is real informative and interesting. Don't knock it Til you check it out I say!