who would you like to see at 2014???

Ok, just my two cents here.......

I personally feel there are SO many great US bands that will fit the fest, where if $$$ are a concern (And let's be realistic, of course they are! They would be for ANY festival only 3 years in), I would limit the number of overseas bands. Not only from a financial persepctive, but from a visas, customs, etc, etc, perspective. Just less headache, unless its a band who would really make an impact (IE - a headliner). I think this year proved you can have a great lineup and turnout with primarily US acts.

Trust me, there are MANY overseas bands I would love to see, just like everyone else... So this comment has nothing to do with any personal preference of bands from US opposed to anywhere else....

I agree that the fest could get by on strong US bands, but getting a high-end overseas headliner would be bitchin' tits. My vote still goes to Satan. New album out (which kills), they're gigging in Canada this year, a US exclusive in 2014 would be just fancy

Ok, this is a long shot but what about Longings Past/Enchanter? Not headliner, but a bitchin' reunion gig. Longings Past might be a way to fill out the Ashbury spot or something.

Isn't Titan Force back together with Conklin? Would that be headliner material?

this is why this thread is funny....people don't realize what some bands are asking to play. This is still a fest that isnt making money so bringing in huge bands or paying bands who think they are big lots of money isnt going to happen soon.

this is why this thread is funny....people don't realize what some bands are asking to play. This is still a fest that isnt making money so bringing in huge bands or paying bands who think they are big lots of money isnt going to happen soon.
Very true. Anyone care to share some actual numbers to put things in perspective (and I don't mean copies of Jag Panzer's mortgage statements)?

Very true. Anyone care to share some actual numbers to put things in perspective (and I don't mean copies of Jag Panzer's mortgage statements)?

put it this way....some bands who draw about 50 to 60 people at thier headlining shows here in chicago are asking between 2 grand and flights to play.

Even say a band who is going to drive from the west coast who you think would be cheap would end up costing a grand.

add those up times 12 and you are already knee deep in the negative.

this thread is funny because it seems like Bob started it just to show off to everyone how much knowledge he has about the "behind the scenes" of putting on the fest :p

well mister smarty pants....this thread was to get ideas that Odin didn't think of yet as headliners....actually one of your picks is being considered. so this thread actually did something.