who would you like to see at 2014???

Slough Feg would be perfect for this. I know they probably ask for a large chunk of change, but they are worth it.

And I fully endorse most of what everyone else is saying. Satan, Pagan Altar, Manilla Road, etc sound great to me. Maybe a band like Midnight and more doom acts? Get Hour of 13 to play!

Slough Feg would be perfect for this. I know they probably ask for a large chunk of change, but they are worth it.

And I fully endorse most of what everyone else is saying. Satan, Pagan Altar, Manilla Road, etc sound great to me. Maybe a band like Midnight and more doom acts? Get Hour of 13 to play!

Would Sough Feg really ask for a ton? I mean they've played a number of Alehorns, and from what I've seen they seem to get lower tier bands.

Would Sough Feg really ask for a ton? I mean they've played a number of Alehorns, and from what I've seen they seem to get lower tier bands.

they asked for a crazy amount. I have seen them play like 3 to 4 times to no more than 50 people. Not worth it unless they were on tour.

Midnight would be great to get.

Manilla Road is pricey and have played every fest so the excitment isnt there.

AGAIN.....LIKE I FIRST STATED....anyone suggesting euro bands....are you paying? The fest is not run by millionaires so it is not likely to happen unless some people want to help out. I was big against this practice but in the end it is what helps make it happen.

Manilla Road probably asks for such a high price because their current drummer is from Germany. It would seem to make more sense to get a specific drummer for their European shows and have a designated US drummer, but MR seem to play more shows in Europe as it is.

In terms of US acts, Attacker would be a good fit for this bill. In terms of Doom metal, most of the Baltimore/New England doom acts would be great. I'm thinking Orodruin, Revelation, or maybe even Saint Vitus? Orodruin and Revelation may not draw a huge crowd as they are among the most underrated metal acts of all time, but Vitus would probably bring in some people. Argus would be excellent and they have enough Iron Maiden in them to please the non-doom fans. I think that Ogre is back, working on new tracks, they'd be a great bill as well.

In terms of US acts, Attacker would be a good fit for this bill.
Love Attacker and I think you're absolutely right, only reason I didn't mention them is that they do tour around a bit. If I'm going to make the trip all the way to Chicago again I would prefer bands that I couldn't see elsewhere.

Warlord
Culrpit
Malice
Tyrant (US)
Black Death reunion
Thor
Raven
Any NWOBHM band for that matter (Rock Goddess just reformed)

Recommended you get Holocaust, also Razor or Infernal majesty. Another good band would be Argus.

Holocaust wouldn't draw im pretty sure.

While im not a huge fan of Razor, they would draw like crazy i think. However, someone in the band has some health issues (the singer I believe) so they might no even be possible.

And yes Argus would get my vote, theyd be great

Holocaust got nothing but bad reviews at whatever that last euro fest they played at. Noctis fest in Calgary has been trying to get Razor for years but I think one of the guys has cancer or something. They would be off the hook.

Vitus or another band that tours/ed recently could work, but pretty it up a bit! Make them feature a classic album or do something extra special for their festival set.

Chicago reunions seem to be this fests bread and butter.
Last year with Damien Thorne and this year with Tyrants Reign.
It works well and gets lots of the old schoolers out.....

Some thoughts for next year:
USURPER Reunion (could happen).
DEVASTATION
SQUADRON
RADDAKKA
LACERATION (pre Novembers Doom)
BROKEN HOPE (I think working on a new album)

Yeah, as far as others go, many good suggestions already mentioned.